Any have a Glock with internal Crimson Trace laser?

This is a discussion on Any have a Glock with internal Crimson Trace laser? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I own a G23 with the internal Crimson Trace laser and wondered how many members here have one and if so which model Glock?...

Thread: Any have a Glock with internal Crimson Trace laser?

Any have a Glock with internal Crimson Trace laser?

I own a G23 with the internal Crimson Trace laser and wondered how many members here have one and if so which model Glock?
    Stay Safe,
    Kevin

CSSDSD Instructor
    ASP Instructor
    ACCJT Certified LEO DT Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Everything but a Glock KI!.

I noticed you post elsewhere, on the laser thread - all your carry guns have them. Me too - like 3 SIGs and one snub and two full size revo's - any of those will serve carry - tho 226 is daily and likely to still stay that way.

If tho I had a Glock I would for sure ''laserize'' it. Interested to know how those integral deals do - just as good as ''normal'' CT's - or even better? Where is switching?
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Everything but a Glock KI!.

I noticed you post elsewhere, on the laser thread - all your carry guns have them. Me too - like 3 SIGs and one snub and two full size revo's - any of those will serve carry - tho 226 is daily and likely to still stay that way.

If tho I had a Glock I would for sure ''laserize'' it. Interested to know how those integral deals do - just as good as ''normal'' CT's - or even better? Where is switching?
    On the internal CT laser system the activator is directly below the trigger guard were the guard meets the grip. The master on/off switch is (don't know the proper name for it) in the hollow area to the back of the grip...there are two screws, turn them a bit to remove the plate for accessing the batteries.

When comparing the different grips i.e. revover/Glock/1911 on the revover I like the activation button on the front of the grip were the Kimber has it on the side of the grips...have seen a newer model which has the 1911 activation button in the front of the grip.

In short I believe all the different style grips and internal lasers are fairly close to each other but must admit only the internal Glock laser adds nothing to the gun i.e. distance changes (not telling you anything new) from backstrap to trigger were you have something added with grip lasers.

Been playing with the new user installable laser. Excellent device but will dearly miss the internal laser system.
    Stay Safe,
    Kevin

CSSDSD Instructor
    ASP Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Assistant Administrator
    Thx for the info.

I certainly overall best like the contact button per revo grips but fortunately on my SIGs having large hands is good - meaning my middle finger tip contacts the pressure switch pad Ok - would not be so good I reckon for those with small hands on a wide double stacker.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I've had and used the Lasermax for the Glock, Sig, and Beretta. Interesting info about the CT laser for the Glock. I'll need to check it out, and see how the CT measures up along side the Laser Max........
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Lead Moderator
    didn't see any info on the site about internal laser. Only the wrap around "tumor" on the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    didn't see any info on the site about internal laser. Only the wrap around "tumor" on the grip.

Crimson Trace discontinued the internal laser back in July/August for two reasons. First the CNC machine software went gunnysack in July and they attempted to recover the lost information up to late August and decided that since they didn't get enough business for internal Glock lasers and the new user installable laser was on the horizion that the smart decision was to discontinue the internal laser.

I learned this when driving up to thier office late July to leave off a Glock for the internal laser, two weeks went by and I was told the machine went down during this period.

The attached photos are not the best but show
    • Master switch
    • Activator switch
    • laser
    Attached Images
    Stay Safe,
    Kevin

CSSDSD Instructor
    ASP Instructor
    NRA Instructor

i have a lasermax model lms 1131 in my G23 and love it. adds absolutely nothing whatsoever to the outside of the gun, and it is accurate to my night sights at a range of 20 yds. the only odd thing about it is it flashes about 3 or 4 times a second. however that flashing does tend to bring your attention to where the dot is. i use a self-modified fobus paddle holster with the paddle removed, the gun fits just as well as without the unit. the other change with it is the takedown latch, which gets replaced with the lasermax part. it is longer to facilitate pushing in from either side to turn laser on. but it also makes it much easier to manipulate the takedown latch when removing the slide. now i just wish i could get one of these for my sp101.

Links