Stick On Nite Sights

Stick On Nite Sights

This is a discussion on Stick On Nite Sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sounds too good to be true. Any comments on these? Are they junk? Nitesiters **Super Photo Luminescent Handgun Night Sights**...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stick On Nite Sights

Stick On Nite Sights

Sounds too good to be true. Any comments on these? Are they junk?

Nitesiters **Super Photo Luminescent Handgun Night Sights**
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

• How do you know they won't fall off? Especially if the sights are rubbing on your holster during the drawstroke
    • How do you apply them so they're actually aligned properly?

I'd spend the money for a real set of sights...
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

You know, for that price, I think it would be worth a try.

Another option would be the glow in the dark paint Cabelas has in their shooting catalog. The paint comes in a small bottle for around 7 dollars.

ALthough, I like these stick-on dots better, at least by reading the website that is.

Kev

they're not worth it....i got suckered in by the price, too. i bought a set of those dots. they don't stay on unless you use crazy glue. they do stay light for hours, but so do tritium sights. plus, in the middle of the night, do you really want to take 30 seconds to charge them?

Actually for the price they may be worth buying, if not for sights maybe for halloween decorations. I have luminecent paint that I use for decorations that I charge with an old fashion black light. If you use them for sights , just use a black light for a night lite and keep them charged up. If they don't stick without using super glue then glue them on right off the bat.

wpk
    Regarding the glow-paint, I tried the dura-glo night sight paint to try and save a few bucks. I am now awaiting delivery of some meprolights. It was a worthy experiment IMO, because now I know that real sights are worth it. The paint just didn't work very well (yes, I applied it correctly) and didn't look very good either. I haven't gotten my real sights yet (any day now), but I'm really looking forward to them knowing that they are the right choice for me at least.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    Actually for the price they may be worth buying, if not for sights maybe for halloween decorations. I have luminecent paint that I use for decorations that I charge with an old fashion black light. If you use them for sights , just use a black light for a night lite and keep them charged up. If they don't stick without using super glue then glue them on right off the bat.
    Priceless information. I mean priceless!

Just think about it...
    Don't waste your $$$...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Anytime you see this symbol, be weary.
    Attached Images

Administrator
    @ the product
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Those niters look like a cheap way to get glow dots like CZ has been using for many years.

The recent glow dots seem to be MUCH brighter than those a few years back.
    Better paint or something. They just show up far better and without much light.

However, CZ-USA now offers tritium nites (TRU-DOTs) for most of pistols in the line, including the RAMI. Look for a Review from me in the near future.

They suck. Better of getting the paint from Cabelas, or just pony up and get tritiums. Mine didn't last very long. Fell off, and the luminous effect left much to be desired.

Guess they may work if you don't carry your gun in a holster, or stuffed down your shorts, and the sights can be exposed to sunlight. But then you wouldn't need night sights or glow in the dark sights during the day.

i only bought them, because no one makes night sights for the Sigma. surprise.

cj
    Interesting to see all the poor reviews. Other places I've seen them discussed (threads spanning multiple years), people had nothing bad to say when the installation instructions were followed (they're not just peel-and-stick...it's scrub down with alcohol/install sites and press down/hit with a hairdryer to set the glue if I remember correctly).

I picked up a set at one point but haven't gotten to installing them yet. I had a painted dot fall out of one site, so that will be getting the first one. Basically, I don't think these will hurt, and worst case would be that they act like plan non-glowy sights...or fall off, in which case I'm back to what I had before putting them on.

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Interesting to see all the poor reviews. Other places I've seen them discussed (threads spanning multiple years), people had nothing bad to say when the installation instructions were followed (they're not just peel-and-stick...it's scrub down with alcohol/install sites and press down/hit with a hairdryer to set the glue if I remember correctly).

I picked up a set at one point but haven't gotten to installing them yet. I had a painted dot fall out of one site, so that will be getting the first one. Basically, I don't think these will hurt, and worst case would be that they act like plan non-glowy sights...or fall off, in which case I'm back to what I had before putting them on.
    I agree. Not everyone has the money for tritium.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links