If you could spend the $$ all over again?

This is a discussion on If you could spend the $$ all over again? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 1. H-K P7 (9mm) used -- ~$650 2. 2 extra mags -- ~ $100 3. K &D IWB holster -- ~$130 ?? 4. buy ammo ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you could spend the $$ all over again?

1. H-K P7 (9mm)used -- ~$650
    2. 2 extra mags -- ~ $100
    3. K &D IWB holster -- ~$130 ??
    4. buy ammo or get training with the money left over.

JMO...... mike

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    I think I'd stay 1911, but I'd definitely look for a blemish or used CBOB to keep the price around $750 giving me enough for a holster ammo and a bunch of mags...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Start Over

Crossbreed holster, good belt and a Dan Wesson Bobtail or a Springfield EMP. I shoot the 9-mm better than the .45.

As it is I have a Hi-Power, XD9sc and a P32. I am working on carrying the Hi-Power as the main CCW. I won't discuss the pistols and holsters that came and went before the current line up.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

SW MP 9c, SW 642, Wilderness Belt, and not sure about the holsters.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

VIP Member
    A Taurus 605 snubby .357 for me thank you. To keep Sixto off my back I'll say a S&W would be okay too ;). Add a galco speedmaster owb and a desantis nemesis pocket holster. Then I'd take the other six hundred bucks and put tires on my truck, or buy a deer rifle, or buy a .38 for my wife, or blow it all on hats, or ...
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    P2k in 357Sig (550 used), Desantis OWB holster (40 bucks used), Don Hume belt (24 bucks). Model 10 Smith (250 used)

Start over? You mean start with a grand and no pistols and stuff? Well, I guess I'd do what I did last. Get a G19 ($500 tax included), the DeSantis Scorpion IWB holster (lists for $59, but I bought mine used from a forum member for $25), spare mags at an average of $20 each x 6=$120. 1 1/2" wide, custom made leather belt $30. So let's say $1000-$709=$291 for ammo. That's a good start for me.
    I already have all of those things, it just so happens they are the latest additions to my carry repertoire. Thinking back, they should have been the first. But I didn't know then what I know now, and like so many others, I have this whole forum to thank for some of the advice, and some of the deals.

used Glock 19 $400 +/-
    XS Big-dot sights $120
    Milt Sparks IWB (or similar) $75 +/-
    5.11 Instructor belt $30
    6 mags $120
    case of ball ammo $175 +/-
    However much premium carry ammo (Corbon, Ranger T, Gold Dot etc.) as I can buy for the $80 I have left.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I would buy what I already carry- an XD 45, and a Brommeland Max-Con V. That would leave enough for about 500 rounds of Federal Expanding Point Full Metal Jacket ammo, and then some Remington UMC practice rounds.

I just repurchased a Glock 26 NIB for $400.00. Need to setup like my old one, which has the same features as my Glock 19. Night sights and a metal guide rod.
    Talk's cheap and I ain't buying any.

Buy a G19 like I did the first time around and buy an MTAC as the FIRST holster instead of the 4th or 5th.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Glock 19
    Comp Tac Infidel IWB holster
    Blackhawk Serpa holster
    Lots of ammo with whatever is leftover
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

All over again

Like you, I also have a few in the collection that I still haven't gotten around to shooting. My 1911 collection goes from 5" to 3" and all brands and sizes in between. My LCP has a lot of CC miles on her as does my Colt 'New' Agent. I guess the one I am mosy comfortable with is a S&W 442 Airweight. It is light, easily concealable, always ready to go and a decent price. I feel that in the pinch, a few quick rounds of .38 special would be more that enough to get away from a situation and regroup. Don't get me wrong, I know there are a lot better choices and I love all of the purchases I have made but if there was only one that I would have to depend on, it would have to be a good old wheel gun. I can easily leave all the macho bull at home.
    If your not willing to go the distance, don't join the race

Colt New Agent, Commander, Gov.
    Kimber Custom II, Ultra II
    S&W 442, 60, 686, 19, 29
    Ruger LCP, SP101, XD9sub

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeecup View Post
    If I had to start all over i would take the 1000 bucks and invest it in Microsoft. Then I could have hired any number of bodyguards to watch over my family while we played on the Riveria.
    He did say knowing what you know now, but I don't believe he said you could go back into the past. But great answer. I wish I could trade that way.

I always go over budget. I would get the Glock 19 and 26 with an MTAC holster. I would put XS sights on them both.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

My G27, Mtac & ammo, plus my Surefire. The other stuff in MY COLLECTION, I play with and rotate, but for true EDC, that's what I'd only really need to have.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links