Kahr PM9 range report

Kahr PM9 range report

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9 range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Its all Good! 150 rounds of mixed 9mm ammo and the little Kahr functioned 100%. Great handling little semi and surprisingly accurate. I had purchased ...

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar

Kahr PM9 range report

Its all Good! 150 rounds of mixed 9mm ammo and the little Kahr functioned 100%. Great handling little semi and surprisingly accurate. I had purchased a Ruger LCP as I am a Ruger fan, a few months ago but the little Ruger had some reliability (feeding and extraction) issues and I felt it was to small for the caliber (.380), and I did not like the wippiness and very small grip, just did not fit my hands. The Kahr is more expensive but IMO its much more gun in every way. Its small but it still feels like a real pistol not a toy like the LCP. Pocket pistols are always a trade off, size and weight for concealable vs handling, capacity and power. But with 6 or 7 rounds of 9mm JHP depending on the mag, I feel pretty good about carrying the little Kahr. I really wanted to like the LCP and I certainly think Ruger will fix the issues they are experiencing with the LCP as they have with ther other semi-autos but I am happy about this trade-up.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Glad to see another good write up. I love mine. The PM9 sure gets bashed on a lot more than it deserves to be.

Now go get yourself some nightsites and your gun will be complete.

PM9 on left, and PM45 on right. Both with Meprolight night sites.

I just posted in another section how happy I am with my new Kahr PM9 which I just bought the other day and went to the range right after and spent some time cleaning and lubing it up then fired 600 rounds thru it .....and it was perfect !!! I spent another half hour or so cleaning and lubing again and I can't wait to go back for more.

Links