XD sub compact thickness

XD sub compact thickness

This is a discussion on XD sub compact thickness within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is the thickness of the XD SC 9mm compared to a Glock 26 noticeable while caring IWB?...

Thread: XD sub compact thickness

XD sub compact thickness

Is the thickness of the XD SC 9mm compared to a Glock 26 noticeable while caring IWB?

G26 or XD9sc

I own the XD9sc and have shot and compared the it to the G26. Although the G26 has a 3.5 inch barrel to the XD9sc 3 inch barrel, the G26 seems to be overall smaller. I don't know how Glock does that but they do. They are end to end the same length and the G26 is shorter in the grip. They are very close in the thickness. My XD9sc is 1.20 I am not certain about the G26 thickness? 1.18?

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

the XD is fairly thick. I didnt think I would get used to it. I carry it with a DMbullard IWB doubleclip. You know its there, but its not uncomfortable at all. I think the XD is slightly wider, but the XD will give you the grip safety, which I prefer. You cant go wrong with either.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

I carry and xd40 in a crossbreed supertuck and sometimes in a galco bellyband. It is not overwhelmingly large. I carry at about 4 o'clock-ish and can sit, drive, etc.. without much problems.
    I tried the g26 and didnt care much for the smaller grip the xd grip felt right to me. BTW, I carry tucked in. I do not wear oversized clothing. My clothes is not loose, but not tight. I can conceal as long as I "blouse" the shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    the XD is fairly thick. I didnt think I would get used to it. I carry it with a DMbullard IWB doubleclip. You know its there, but its not uncomfortable at all...
    I have one of those on the way for my new XD SC. Already have two of them for other guns, so I know I'll like it...

- OS

+2 On the DM Bullard Dual Carry IWB. I ordered it with just the standard metal clips as shown below but found them to be too sharp and did not have enough flex for tucking while seated (in my car). So, I ordered a set of C-TAC's new Standard clips

With these I was able to get much better adjustment out of the holster for both drop and cant. It's an awesome combo and David makes a great holster.
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixintu View Post
    +2 On the DM Bullard Dual Carry IWB. I ordered it with just the standard metal clips as shown below but found them to be too sharp and did not have enough flex for tucking while seated (in my car). So, I ordered a set of C-TAC's new Standard clips

With these I was able to get much better adjustment out of the holster for both drop and cant. It's an awesome combo and David makes a great holster.
    Thanks for the info, yeah, I already move David's clips up to the top hole to have holster deeper, but those clips would allow even more adjustment.
    I don't think I'll ever really need to tuck, but if I do, I'll keep this in mind.

- OS

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    XD40SC here. I can hide it in a regular t-shirt untucked with jeans IWB. My EDC is an 'R.G. gunleather'. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    XD40SC here. I can hide it in a regular t-shirt untucked with jeans IWB. My EDC is an 'R.G. gunleather'. I love it.
    Who dat?
    Search didn't find.
    Link?

- OS

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    My EDC is a 9sc in a Crossbreed Quickclip.
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links