Glock Cleaning - Page 3

Glock Cleaning

This is a discussion on Glock Cleaning within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some good guidance on Glock lubrication, especially about that trigger bar/connector area: Glock Pistols - GLOCKMEISTER - Glock Parts, Glock Accessories and Lots of FREE ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glock Cleaning

Some good guidance on Glock lubrication, especially about that trigger bar/connector area: Glock Pistols - GLOCKMEISTER - Glock Parts, Glock Accessories and Lots of FREE Glock Information.

As for me, like others I keep my carry guns clean and properly lubed always.

My range and USPSA pistols get a little less attention. I may shoot a local match and simply make sure that the slide and several other key places are lubed for the next outing, then only a thorough cleaning after several hundred rounds.

I hate cleaning revolvers...especially my little nickel snubbie...polish, polish, polish....arrrrgggghhh.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Jay6 View Post
    Be carefull with lithium grease if the climite is ever cold. You rock that at 30-40 degrees or below and it will not function well.
    If I ever find myself somewhere where it gets that cold, I'll probably just shoot myself and get it over with
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by frank View Post
    It takes me about ten minutes to clean a Glock in the kitchen sink with Simple Green, blow it out with an air compressor and a few drops of oil.
    I am happy to see someone else that uses hot water and soap to clean their guns. My friends think I am crasy to "WASH" my Glocks.
    It works great! The trick is in the drying and the lubing! I used to have a dishwasher in my garage to clean MC and auto parts.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    If I ever find myself somewhere where it gets that cold, I'll probably just shoot myself and get it over with
    Team Spirit 1983, PoHang, South Korea, March-May. So cold you probably wouldn't even feel it if you shot yourself. Lithium grease would be good for specific purposes though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links