CZ vz. 82

CZ vz. 82

This is a discussion on CZ vz. 82 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone carry one of these for CC? ?Z vz. 82 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I'm getting one just because I don't have one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ vz. 82

CZ vz. 82

Does anyone carry one of these for CC? ?Z vz. 82 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I'm getting one just because I don't have one but it seems like a nice sized little gun for CC and I've heard good things about the 9x18 round.
    I'm not sure about holster or ammo availability though and any info would be helpfull.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

VIP Member
    I just recently bought one. My SIL says it's the best $500 gun that you can buy for $200. Actually it does seem to be a good gun, and it shoots good too. Ammunition isn't a problem to get, you just have to check around. I don't have the ballistics in front of me but I've always heard the 9mmMakarov is more than a .380 but less than "our" 9mm?

I've got plenty (too many) carry guns, but I'd CC this gun if I needed to.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    The Cz 82 (Vz82) is possibly the best buy avalible today in a DA semi-auto handgun. I have two and they are outstanding guns, where else can you get an almost new CZ with polygonal rifling for $200 or less. The 9x18 round is a decent power round and readily avalible for resonable prices per box. I can often find it online for $9-11 per box. 12 rounds of 9x18 is a fair amount of firepower in a relatively small package. Its an all steel gun so weight is an issue for some who are used to polyimer framed CCW pistols. Any holster for the PP series Walters or Makarov will work with these guns. Its remarkable they are a Curio and Relic (C&R) weapon and since I have a C&R FFL I can get them shipped directly to my house at dealer cost. Life is good!

This holster is a High Noon that I purchased for a Kahr CW40 and it fits perfectly almost like it was made for the CZ.
    Last edited by pirate; September 30th, 2008 at 08:35 PM.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Those are nice looking pistols, I may have to do a little refinishing on the one I get. I'm torn on whether to get just one or two. I can get a 10 dollar break on two and just do one FFL transfer on the shipment.
    By the way, where did you get the new grips?

Believe it or not, my CZ82 has the BEST DA trigger pull of any pistol I own.
    That includes my Glock 30 also! You can carry cocked and locked if you want.
    I have some snappy looking grips similar to Pirate's. The criticism is that the gun is large for it's caliber, just as the Makarov but, I do not subscribe to that philosophy. A good gun is a good gun and I have decided that the CZ82 is a good gun. Do not hesitate to purchase one of these while you still can. Go ahead and get a nice supply of Silver Bear ammo to go with it and you will be set! I was a Makarov nut until I sampled this gun. It is a Makarov on steroids. The trigger is so much better there is no comparison. The sights are slightly better than the Mak and also, the cartridge capacity.
    If a choice between the Mak and the CZ82, it's the CZ82 hands-down.

Edited to add: grips off of ebay. I don't recall the maker but they are fancy. Not needed but just added to dress up an otherwise plain black gun. Stick with factory grips, no worries. Oh yeah, I don't carry this gun CCW since I got into 1911s but, have been thinking it would be a decent BUG possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post
    Those are nice looking pistols, I may have to do a little refinishing on the one I get. I'm torn on whether to get just one or two. I can get a 10 dollar break on two and just do one FFL transfer on the shipment.
    By the way, where did you get the new grips?
    The grips are made by the highly respected maker Dennis Marschalko. Outstanding quality and his prices are resonable for exotic woods. I have a nice pair of his grips on several pistols including my Hi Power, Makarov and Sig 225.

Marschalgrips.com
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

My EDC setup looks like this. I find it hides fine and the CZ-82 is the best bang for the buck.
    Bianchi Professional 100 with Hornady XTP's.
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

I'm picking one tomorrow, can't wait!

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    The grips are made by the highly respected maker Dennis Marschalko. Outstanding quality and his prices are resonable for exotic woods. I have a nice pair of his grips on several pistols including my Hi Power, Makarov and Sig 225.

Marschalgrips.com

I've read that these wood grips have a tendency to crack. I speak from experience. I'm not saying avoid them, but beware the potential problem.

If I were buying this gun for carry I think I'd buy a new CZ83 instead of a used CZ82 of unknown condition. The peace of mind worth the extra cost . There are common problems associated with the military trade-in CZ82s such as missing springs and worn sears. Some are in great shape... some aren't. The CZ83 is available in the same three calibers the 82s were made in.
    Last edited by ripley16; October 1st, 2008 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    The CZ83 is available in the same three calibers the 82s were made in.
    The CZ83 is still produced by CZ. The CZ 82 was made in 9x18mm only while the CZ-83 is available in a variety of finishes and three different calibers:

.32 ACP (aka 7.65mm Browning) - 15 round magazine capacity.
    .380 ACP (aka 9mm Browning Short) - 12 round magazine (13 rounds if 9x18mm magazine is used).
    9x18mm Makarov - 12 round magazine capacity and polygonal rifling.

Its very hard to find the gun (CZ83) in any caliber other than .380 acp.

If you go to the Czech pistol forum on Surplusrifle.com site which is the definitive milsurp site on the web IMO, you can read more on these fine pistols and you will find that very few if any have problems if you order then from respectable vendors like AIM, SOG or J&G.
    Surplusrifleforum.com • View forum - Military Czech Pistols

The only grips that I have heard made by Dennis that have cracked are the Makarov grips. I e mailed him concering this a while back and he stated to me that he has made some adjustments to his CNC process and the problem is resolved with the Makarov grips. Makarov grips are a one peice unit that slipes over the grip frame, not 2 panels like most grips and that was where the problem was with the Makarov. I personally have shot several hundred if not thousands in some cases of rounds through the pistols I have with his grips installed and they all function perfectly with no issues at all.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Fantastic guns in any caliber.

My old 9mm MAK chambered CZ83.

Ammo was a PAIN to find for it in my area but places like J&G sell it online.

I'm going to have to get one of those but for now it will have to wait a month or so. I found a good deal on something else.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...g20-today.html Thanks for all the info everyone I will post when I get around to ordering one.

I have owned a CZ83 since 1995 in 380. Its one of my favorites for sure. After getting it I found an Article in the American Rifleman about its parent, the CZ 82. The 82 wasn't available in 1995. I was tickled when they began to get imported.

Both are very accurate. The 83 has a slight edge for a smoother trigger pull. My 82 and 83 are two of my carry guns. Loaded with Cor Bons, Silver Bear HP, and Fed Hydroshok.

Holsters can be a pain to aquire so I make my own. What is shown is a prefinished inside the pant holster. The belt attachment can be replaced with different loops to adjust the holster for carry cant, negative cant.
    It was wet formed to be a mirror image of the gun inside and therefore keeps the gun in snug without a strap. I make my holsters with the rough side out to keep the rough leather from shearing off and ending up in the gun.
    The great part is that it can be used with both the CZ 83 and 82.

Quote Originally Posted by gun papa View Post
    I have owned a CZ83 since 1995 in 380. Its one of my favorites for sure. After getting it I found an Article in the American Rifleman about its parent, the CZ 82. The 82 wasn't available in 1995. I was tickled when they began to get imported.

Both are very accurate. The 83 has a slight edge for a smoother trigger pull. My 82 and 83 are two of my carry guns. Loaded with Cor Bons, Silver Bear HP, and Fed Hydroshok.

Holsters can be a pain to aquire so I make my own. What is shown is a prefinished inside the pant holster. The belt attachment can be replaced with different loops to adjust the holster for carry cant, negative cant.
    It was wet formed to be a mirror image of the gun inside and therefore keeps the gun in snug without a strap. I make my holsters with the rough side out to keep the rough leather from shearing off and ending up in the gun.
    The great part is that it can be used with both the CZ 83 and 82.

Nice job and welcome!

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    A few 9mm Mak CZ83s come in each year.

Not much demand for them according to CZ-USA, but they seem to sell out quickly.

The 82/83 is a wonderful weapon. I've Never heard of anyone waiting a trigger job done.

If these were 9MM Para guns, CZ would sell them like hotcakes.

Low recoil in both 9mm Mak and .380 with easy follow-up shots
    and amazing accuracy for a 'pocket pistol' chambered gun.

13 rounds of JHP is very comforting to carry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links