New carry gun- PPS

This is a discussion on New carry gun- PPS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I found a good deal on a used- like new Walther PPS that was too good to pass up. Sure its almost fall and ...

Thread: New carry gun- PPS

Lead Moderator

Cool New carry gun- PPS

So I found a good deal on a used- like new Walther PPS that was too good to pass up. Sure its almost fall and I won't really need this till spring-summer. But heck , how could I pass up a good deal like this??
    I was scheduled to head out of town for some business , so I grabbed the PPS , Springfield Champ. , some ammo and mags. After work I stopped by to pick up a buddy of mine (with his HK P2000)and we went to try out the first indoor range (new) in Northern MI. A good time was had (we were shooting after all) and got to play with the digital target controller. I forgot to save my target but did a decent job of cutting the centers out.
    I noticed the PPS (9mm) didn't recoil severely like my old Taurus PT140 did. The PPS was pleasant enough to shoot I fired 100 rounds without incident or discomfort. The sights were solid and big enough for a small gun. I noticed I started by shooting a bit right , but as I got used to the trigger the group centered itself.
    overall I like the gun so far and feel this will be a good option for those days on the boat, walking around in shorts and a t shirt or similar lightly dressed events.
    Well , guess I am off to clean the guns.
    Attached Images
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Glad you like it. I have one of the First Edition models. I love it. Over 1,000 rounds and going strong.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

I just picked one up about 3 weeks ago. I have a little over 1200 rounds thru it - no failures! I have not cleaned it since I got it. It ran thru 5 different FMJ brands and 3 JHP brands.
    So far so good. Accuracy is OK and Recoil is little - maybe do to the high grip. I'm going to strip clean it, lube and use it as one of my BUG's. I like it. It's not a .45 but it is not my main gun. I think I have a keeper.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Nice purchase...there's always room in the safe for a special 'adoption'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lead Moderator
    Actually I need to build some racks for the handguns so they fit...............or buy a bigger safe.
    After cleaning the PPS I noticed way more wear from the 100 rnds I put through it than before. the blueing wasn't worn on the inside of the slide prior to my range session. I don't think the previous owner EVER fired it.
    No marks, scratches or other evidence of wear to the outside of the gun either, yet he was supposedly carrying it as a CCW weapon
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I've had a PPS .40 since about June and I'm extremely pleased with it. About 800 rounds and no problems at all, well, the trigger was gritty for a while but I think has smoothed out after my last good cleaning. I'll like it even more when someone comes out with some reasonably priced night sights. The recoil on this .40 is about the same as on my wife's Bersa 380cc, which I feel is minimal on both.

Like 'em both.

The PPS is pretty hard to get, at least around here. I've been trying to find one local to try on, and nobody has them or can get them. Found a few on GunBroker, but all the big online dealers like Buds and GunSource are out of stock too. I'm thinking I'd like to buy one, and wouldn't mind ordering one from GunBroker, but need to check one out in person first.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris68 View Post
    The PPS is pretty hard to get, at least around here. I've been trying to find one local to try on, and nobody has them or can get them. Found a few on GunBroker, but all the big online dealers like Buds and GunSource are out of stock too. I'm thinking I'd like to buy one, and wouldn't mind ordering one from GunBroker, but need to check one out in person first.
    My local shop had 2 , a ,40 cal. and a 9mm. I was surprised they had em and were not priced out of sight.

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I love my little PPS. My wife loves it too, so maybe ill get her one when I get back.

Links