I think I'm in love!

I think I'm in love!

This is a discussion on I think I'm in love! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, actually I know I am. This just solidifies those feelings. A lil background. GF of 2.5 yrs, lived with her now for 2yrs, has ...

Thread: I think I'm in love!

Cool I think I'm in love!

Ok, actually I know I am. This just solidifies those feelings.

A lil background. GF of 2.5 yrs, lived with her now for 2yrs, has always been a bit of a anti-gunner. She's a teacher, and is really a very smart woman, besides not understanding or grasping the importance of guns for personal freedom and protection. What is funny is that I've never met anyone so absolutely dead set on personal security. As an example, there have been several occasions where I have come home and didn't lock the door as soon as I entered and recieved a thrashing. I've also been chastised for only locking one of the locks, either the dead bolt or knob, and not both together. This is while I am at home, no less. When I was growing up, the door was never locked. EVER. So those old habits sneak up on me from time to time.

Anyhow, my girlfriend has never liked me having guns in the house(I do have a safe) and has freaked at the sight of my cocked and locked 1911 I keep in the bedroom, and has told me she wants me to keep it in the safe. I have always ignored that, told her OK, and have just found another spot to conceal it inside the bedroom.

Believe me. I have tried to educate this woman about the 2a and personal protection, and lately have had greater success. However, she will NOT ever accompany me to the range or learn how to use and shoot even the tamest of my guns. She cite's that she doesn't trust herself with that kind of power. I always counter: "Well I'm sure if you wanted to go on a killing spree, jumping a curb in downtown Seattle and mowing down the pedestrians would yield much greater results than one of my guns would." And "You trust yourself to control the path of a 3000lb missile, but not one weighing 200gr.?"

Anyways I'm drifiting off point. I woke up this morning to help her get ready for school(my day off) and she's tells me the her and her family will be buying me a pistol for my birthday! Incredible. That came from sooo far outta the blue that my neck still hurts!

Now I just bought my EDC last week, but while I was at the store I noticed another gun that I really liked and told her about it. Amazingly, she talked to all her family members and got them to chip in instead of getting me the usual birthday stuff! Then on top of that, she told me I could go get it today after she's done with work, and she'd worry about getting the funds from her family members later.

I am really quite in shock at the moment, and I'm trying to fathom just what I could have said or done to make her do such a 180 about her feelings for guns. Only thing I can think of is that I told her about me getting a CCW and to not be suprised if I carry everywhere we go. I thought this would touch off the 3rd world war at first, but have not met any resistance to the idea of me carrying, and she actually seems to like it...

I am confused, but extremely pleased at the same time, lol.

Here's what will be my new B-day piece!

SIG SAUER P6 P225 9mm GERMAN POLICE : Firearms (Modern) : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

The one I'll be purchasing locally is in near perfect condition, and the included holster looks to be almost never used.

I work to buy guns. Not really, but sometimes it feels that way..

nice. Sounds like everything is falling in place
    "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Marry her, slowly talk her into trying out "fun shooting" you know-pins,steel targets,etc. use a small caliber first then try .38's out of a 357 frame revolver. If she has fun weell then you won, thats how I got my wife into it. Pratice and enjoy.

don't pay $385 for that. Look for a P6 on line. You will find one from a shop for under $300. Some older P6s may have trouble with HP ammo. There was a design change to the feed ramp somewhere along the line. Other then that they are great guns.

Sorry didn't read fully. If you buy locally and it's in excellent condition then $385 should be fair.
    Last edited by Mtbiker; October 3rd, 2008 at 01:30 PM. Reason: update
    -Biker

Price I would be paying here locally is $349. Includes everything the one in the auctions does, 2 mags, holster, case, and cleaning kit.

Seemed like a really good deal to me. I'll have to check into that JHP feed issue, though. Although, the main reason I would be buying this gun is for range use, as I'd like to practice a lot more than I do currently and the ammo is half the cost of my .45 ammo.

Also, I've just always wanted a Sig.

Edit to add: How would I go about checking to see if this is an older verision? Any additional info on that would be great. Thanks
    Last edited by Heimer; October 3rd, 2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Requesting more info.

"We checked our drawings and found out that we change the angle of the barrel ramp on the 14th of June 1989 from 52 degrees to 54 degrees.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    With best regards,

Ralf Vanicek
    Produktmanager SIG SAUER"

The 54 degree feed ramp is suppose to correct the problems with hollow point ammunition

I guess get the SN call SIG and find out the DOM.
    -Biker

Please have your GF call my wife @ 703-543-1212 and explain how excited you were at the news and oh what a surprise it would be. Birthday has passed, but it will also make a great anniversary give which is coming up next month.

Today is my birthday and there's a gun show this weekend, I've been telling my wife it's been a REAL long time since I got a new gun but I think the purse strings are loosening
    Thanks,
    Rock

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heimer View Post
    Price I would be paying here locally is $349. Includes everything the one in the auctions does, 2 mags, holster, case, and cleaning kit.
    Price is still too high IMO, you can order one from AIM or SOG and have it shipped to your FFL for closer to the $300 range. I got one for $295 including shipping with 2 mags and box, holster and it was in near perfect condition. Shop around and do your homework and you can find one cheaper. They are outstanding pistols for the money, a great value.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/S...mm_Pistol.html

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Well too late.. It's already paid for.

I might have paid a tad too much. But, I was able to take my pick of the 2 guns they had left, and mix and match a bit on the accessories. Was able to get the best looking holster(pristine) and mag holder, as well as get the factory manual from the other pistol, as my box didn't have one in it.

Also, in what could be a matter of fate... The one that I really liked was made in 1981, and although it donned on me later, I think the month stamp was a 10. Which would be the same month and year as my b-day. Who knows it could of been being boxed up the same time I was being wrapped in a blanket! Kinda a cool coincidence.

All in all I think I did OK. If I were to order one for the price in your link I'd have only saved 20 bucks or so after the FFL xfer fee. Well worth that extra $20 to be able to break down/inspect and take my pick, rather than hoping I get sent something in good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Heimer View Post
    Well too late.. It's already paid for.

I might have paid a tad too much. But, I was able to take my pick of the 2 guns they had left, and mix and match a bit on the accessories. Was able to get the best looking holster(pristine) and mag holder, as well as get the factory manual from the other pistol, as my box didn't have one in it.
    Any time you get what you want and are happy with it you did not pay too much. You also got it now and not in a week or two and that is also of value. Enjoy!
    -------------------------------------------
    "Lots of bullets means lots of chances to make use of expert marksmanship skills" --- Gecko45

"Some people ask: shoot to maim, or shoot to kill? I say, empty the chamber and let the good Lord decide." - Deputy Garcia (Reno 911)

...there is hope...good for you.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Sponsored Links