Sig 239 sas

This is a discussion on Sig 239 sas within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Basically, it is a relatively light Double Action Only mechanism. Thus, you get the advantage of the same trigger pull every time, without the relatively ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig 239 sas

VIP Member
    Basically, it is a relatively light Double Action Only mechanism. Thus, you get the advantage of the same trigger pull every time, without the relatively long, heavy pull associated with most DAOs (including DA revolvers). It still isn't nearly as light as a SAO (in most cases), so it's still safe to carry without external safeties.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

2. Remove Ads

Ok, someone tell me the simple way to change my mainspring because its driving me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwaddicted View Post
    Ok, someone tell me the simple way to change my mainspring because its driving me crazy.
    I use a vise, Vise grips and tow pieces of flatbar or plate. Open your Vise grips up to about 3". Drill a hole large enough for the strut and the crosspin to travel through. Open the bench vise up wide. Place the strut between the two pieces of bar or plate, using the Visegrips to hold at the top, then crank the vise closed on the bottom, until the strut & crosspin come through. Reverse the process to remove the spring, put your new one one, repeat and replacew the crosspin.

Baker engineering may make a jig, but I haven't seen it yet...

EAJ
    I experienced a similar dilemma with my SIG P239 SAS. I really liked the pistol, but could not get use to the DAK trigger. What to do? I purchased it for a very good price and eventually decided to send it back to SIG to have it converted to DA/SA. SIG charged $195 for conversion.

Sometimes they will offer free one way shipping as an incentive, but I was able to convince one of their customer service reps, whom I had previous contact with, into providing free round trip shipping (was normally about $70).

I also requested that they replace the contrast sights with night sights which I was not charged for. The OE DAK parts were returned with the pistol and I sold them on the SIG forum for $100, so my total cost for the conversion was about $100. Iím very happy with my DA/SA trigger.

Note - The $195 covers the trigger conversion and includes a pair of SIG polymer replacement grips. You wonít be able to use the current SAS DAK grips on the converted DA/SA pistol, however if you prefer wood you can sell the old DAK pair on the forum and purchase DA/SA wood grips. SIG offers a pair (when they're in stock) and K&N Nill manufactures some very nice grips, as shown in the photo.

how wide is this gun compared to the walther pps?

EAJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    how wide is this gun compared to the walther pps?

Spec's on the P239 are:

Barrel: 3.6"
    Overall Length: 6.60"
    Overall Width: 1.20"
    Overall Height: 5.20"
    Sight Radius 5.7"
    Weight: w/mag 27.5 ozs.
    Magazine Capacity: 8 & 10 w/mag spacer

Don't have any info on the PPS. Sorry. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links