So I picked up my .45 compact today. After the initial clean and lube I went to the range. Here are some observations after 100 rounds.
1) Trigger is smoother and crisper OTB than my .40c was. Just slightly heavier than what I would consider optimum for the action. With very little over travel and a distinct if not crisp single reset.
2) Recoil is very manageable and muzzle flip is negligible.
3) The grip is the perfect length for my hand
1) Trigger shape digs into my finger at the edge.
2) Some rough spots around the trigger guard are irritating.
3) Slide release is next to impossible to operate without shifting my grip considerably.
All in all I am extremely happy with it OTB. I may work on the trigger just a bit but will wait to see what a couple K rounds does for it. I will definitely be softening some spots and reshaping the trigger tip and edge.
I am shooting about 4" low at 7yds. I know it's me and not the sights as a good friend who is ten times the marksman as I am put every round on the X the first time he picked it up. I just have to figure out what I am doing different with it than I do with the .40 or my 1911s. I will try changing grips (I used the med. today) to see if it has any effect on my elevation, but I am probably anticipating the recoil and pushing the muzzle down when I squeeze.
BTW I should have mag sleeves available for these in short order.