Another "please help me choose a gun" thread!

This is a discussion on Another "please help me choose a gun" thread! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by joleary223 Sounds like an Compact USP in the caliber of you choice. Heckler&Koch It has all the functions you are looking for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another "please help me choose a gun" thread!

Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post
    Sounds like an Compact USP in the caliber of you choice. Heckler&Koch
    It has all the functions you are looking for and it's a reliable weapon.
    You might have to buy used to get in your price range but remember, with guns you usually get what you pay for.
    +1 Pm me if interested I may have a friend that want to sell his HK USP compact .40
    ETA:I trust my life to one
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2. Remove Ads

HKR
    Have you ever carried a handgun in a cargo pocket of shorts/pants? I considered it as an option when I first began carrying but quickly realized that the only way it was viable was with a snubby in a holster built especially for that purpose. Even then I think you will find that a traditional IWB will be much quicker/easier to carry and to draw from.

As far being uncomfortable with the Glock design, I realize that there are many in your situation. Don't pull the trigger or allow anything else to pull it and it will not fire.
    That being said the XD with the manual safety is probably going to be the closest thing to what you are looking for, be it 9mm or .45.(I really like the XD .45C).

A used Sig or HK would also be worth looking at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links