My Springfield XD subcompact

This is a discussion on My Springfield XD subcompact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A little while back I posted a thread about a Springfield XD subcompact that I had on order. I have since been to the range ...

Thread: My Springfield XD subcompact

My Springfield XD subcompact

A little while back I posted a thread about a Springfield XD subcompact that I had on order. I have since been to the range with my g/f twice with this gun. I honestly have to say this is without a doubt one of the nicest handguns I have ever shot. The accuracy out of this little 9mm with cheap Remington UMC 115 grain hollow points is just unbelievable. My girlfriend even loves this gun so much she is going to buy it from me and I'll have to go get another one. HAHA I would definently recommend one of these guns to anyone. I honestly have to say that I love this gun more than I loved my Kimber (sold it for a different gun project STUPID ME!!!). So I guess the only choice I am going to have is which XD I should buy to replace the one I'm going to sell (probably wind up giving) to my girlfriend. I didn't use to be a huge fan of the 9mm but I am really beginning to like it a lot. I keep it loaded with Remington UMC 115 grain hollow points for a night stand gun for my g/f. I know this ammo isn't the most expensive and makes a big fireball but I think it will do the trick quite well since its proven in this handgun. Here I am rambling on. HAHA I just wanted to say to anyone out there thinking about buying a Springfield XD don't think any longer just buy one YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!
    "No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rmhz1979 View Post
    ...So I guess the only choice I am going to have is which XD I should buy to replace the one I'm going to sell (probably wind up giving) to my girlfriend....
    If you love it as much as you say, why do you even consider the question?

- OS

Because they make different styles. I currently have the OD Green with a Blue slide. They make Black on Blue. They offer 2 different style night sights. I have to figure out which one I want to buy to replace the one I am losing.
    "No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I also have a XD-9. 4". I would have too agree.

EAJ
    9mm sub compact model here. Pleasant to shoot; accurate and reliable. I added Pierce grip extensions to the mags for a better grip. :)

Next paycheck I am getting the xd40sc. Can't wait!!

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Love my 9sc. Carry it with me everywhere.
    NRA Life Member

I loves mine too...haven't had it long but it's immediately become my normal EDC. On my long speed walks, I do change to PM9 in the pocket, though.

Ohshoot... thats the exact rig I carry XD 9sc with bullard. Ive found the bullard to be fairly comfortable. You may not have this problem, but I will note it anyway. I pulled the front metal clip out of the slot and mounted it straight to the ouer surface. It gives a little more flexibility. I was having trouble with the front cllip wanting to ride sideways over my belt. By mounting on the outside, it can float and worked better for me.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    Ohshoot... thats the exact rig I carry XD 9sc with bullard. Ive found the bullard to be fairly comfortable. You may not have this problem, but I will note it anyway. I pulled the front metal clip out of the slot and mounted it straight to the ouer surface. It gives a little more flexibility. I was having trouble with the front cllip wanting to ride sideways over my belt. By mounting on the outside, it can float and worked better for me.
    Thanks for the tip...I'll tweak that and see if it's better for me. Yeah, there's not a lot of "width" for flex on some double clip holsters for compact guns. As you can see, I already have first clip in the higher hole to increase cant a little.

Also, on some board, I think this one, another Bullard Dual Carry owner has replaced the metal clips with the kydex ones from Comp-Tac. Just to try and get things "perfect" I ordered a set also to experiment with:

Comp-Tac : Products

Having more holes in them, they obviously will offer some depth/cant options that the current two hole choices limit.

I really DO think David Bullard makes a heckuva product for the bucks. Well, really, a heckuva product period. This is my third from him.

Appreciate the suggestion, HiHo !

- OS
    Last edited by OhShoot; October 8th, 2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: add'l info

VERY nice pistol. It is between this and the G26 for me. Still haven't decided...

I have two SA-XDsc Twins, one in .40 and one in 9mm. Wouldn't trade them for the world.

cv7713, try the Glocks before you get one, I'm sure they're great pistols, they just don't fit my hand.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by cv7713 View Post
    VERY nice pistol. It is between this and the G26 for me. Still haven't decided...
    These were the two I narrowed it down to for my second 9mm pistola.

Have you at least HELD both and aimed them? Have you SHOT both?

As many others have mentioned, the XD points much better for me.
    I practice "point" shooting at self-defense range, as the likelihood of an encounter will be too quick to actually use sights. If I point a Glock, then look through sights without moving anything, it's always high. Same drill with XD, right on.

I shoot both quite accurately (for me) using sights, both have about same recoil/snap, etc. There's not .5" diff in any dimension between the two, essentially same thickness, too. There's no doubt the G26 is indeed a fine fine weapon, but both have also been subjected to essentially the same torture tests. And a plus, with the 1000 round quick fire test, the XD did NOT melt the guide rod
    If there is a drawback to the XDSC, it's that it weighs in about 4 oz heavier than the G26. But I don't mind it being built like a brick _house, and it feels find on my hip. I never forget it's there, but it's not oppressive.

Three other factors I liked about the XD:
    - both loaded chamber and cocked indicators; tactile as well as visual.
    - supported chamber (I know the odds of the famous Glock kaboom are minuscule, but like having the edge of a somehow accidental hot load),but more importanly:
    - the grip safety. I'm not a 'fraidy cat, been carrying Kahr, same as Glock (but with longer trigger pull) but really liked the grip safety idea for one main reason: reholstering. It's a nice feeling sticking this baby back in IWB without looking; as long as I don't use palm to depress the grip safety I ain't gonna have a ND no matter what might conspire to get snarled in the trigger. Certainly, the vast majority of Glock NDs have happened with reholstering. Just one more edge, and combined with the other above factors, I chose the XD.

- OS
    Last edited by OhShoot; October 8th, 2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: add'l info

Well, I certainly cant complain about my XD9SC or my XD45 service or my XD-M or... well, you get the picture :)

Enjoy the XD you decide on!

Quote Originally Posted by OhShoot View Post
    Have you at least HELD both and aimed them? Have you SHOT both?
    shot the glock and absolutely loved it (about 50 rds). after shooting it, I held the xd and was impressed by the feel. haven't fired the xd yet though.

Links