Arminius revolver help

This is a discussion on Arminius revolver help within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A co-worker has two guns, a Browning .25 and an Arminius .38 revolver. She had never shot either of them until I took her to ...

Thread: Arminius revolver help

Arminius revolver help

A co-worker has two guns, a Browning .25 and an Arminius .38 revolver. She had never shot either of them until I took her to the range this weekend.

She didn't bring the Browning, because she didn't know how to unload it. The Arminius was a fairly basic, inexpensive looking revolver, nearly unused. Biggest problem is the trigger--It is heavy enough that she can't fire it double action unless she uses two fingers, and she can't cock the hammer. She did fine with my stock J frame, and did very well with my XD's, including the .40 subcompact.

Would a gunsmith be able to improve the Arminius trigger to something closer to the J frame, without compromising reliability? I don't know what she's willing to spend, and our jobs are ending in a few months so it is likely that a new gun isn't going to happen.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Arminius firearms were cheap imports by F.I.E., not even sure if they are being made anymore. The gun in question probably isn't worth what it would cost to have a trigger job done on it, if you can find a gunsmith that would mess with it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I have aa Arminius .22 rimfire that I bought from Herter's through mail order a LONG time ago. It is junk. I would not spend a penny on it, but instead use whatever a trigger job would cost on a good gun.

Regards,
    Jerry

Administrator
    I guess its time to show her how to use the Browning.
    "Just blame Sixto"

God I used to think Hi-Points sucked, I forgot about Arminius
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I guess its time to show her how to use the Browning.
    More than likely I'll try to convince her to sell off the Browning (and the Arminius) to fund something of both decent quality and caliber.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sevesteen View Post
    More than likely I'll try to convince her to sell off the Browning (and the Arminius) to fund something of both decent quality and caliber.
    Thats not a bad idea. Do you know the model of Browning? Some can bring in around $400, but more than likely it isn't worth much more than $200. The Arminius will probably require disposal fee to be paid out.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thats not a bad idea. Do you know the model of Browning? Some can bring in around $400, but more than likely it isn't worth much more than $200. The Arminius will probably require disposal fee to be paid out.
    She's going to take a picture of it so I can explain to her how to unload it. I'll see what I can figure out then.

Administrator
    She's going to take a picture of it so I can explain to her how to unload it. I'll see what I can figure out then.
    I'll assume its a standard "baby Browning", they work just like any other semi auto, I cant think of anything tricky about them.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'll assume its a standard "baby Browning", they work just like any other semi auto, I cant think of anything tricky about them.
    The original purpose for the picture was so I could have something I can point to and say "push this to release the mag". "Figure out" is basically what kind of gun it is--I wouldn't be too surprised to find out it is actually a Bryco instead of a Browning.

Administrator
    I wouldn't be too surprised to find out it is actually a Bryco instead of a Browning.
    Could be, good call.
    "Just blame Sixto"

FWIW - FIE "Titan Tiger" here. It says Arminius (sp) on it. .38 special 4 in barrel.

This has been my most used home defense gun for 30 years. Still functions just fine. -Never had a problem with it of any kind. I have used other handguns for home defense but I always know the .38 (loaded with +P ammo) is ready to go.

S/A is great. D/A is typical and about the same as my other revolvers.

I have heard that some are OK and some are not so OK. I may have just been lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by John Wesley View Post
    This has been my most used home defense gun for 30 years....
    Lordie, how many times have you had to defend it?

- OS

arminious are ok

my dad had a arminious hw7 22lr for twenty years and i found a twin to it,multiple thousands of rounds no problems and heres one for you i had a new rg30 or 31 in 32 sw long with 4 inch vent rib barrell,that everyone thought was a rossi or taurus and never a malfunction my brother has it now.my favorite gun by my bedstand is a stainless norinco 213 tokarev in 9mm because i know it works.guess i like oddball guns.

Links