Anyone carry a Ruger KP95DC?

This is a discussion on Anyone carry a Ruger KP95DC? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At the moment, the only pistol I own is a used KP95DC I picked up last month after deciding it was time to purchase a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone carry a Ruger KP95DC?

At the moment, the only pistol I own is a used KP95DC I picked up last month after deciding it was time to purchase a weapon (bought two rifles, too). Up until now, I've only carried a pocket knife and/or a Leatherman Wave which isn't exactly ideal for protecting yourself.

I'm taking my CCW class this weekend and plan to start looking for a more appropriate carry weapon like a Kahr CW9 but really prefer a full-size pistol (and miss my 1911).

I have an IWB holster - a cheapo off of E-Bay - as well as a very nice Ross thumb release leather holster and a FOBUS paddle holster (not sure I like it).

Anyone carrying/carried a Ruger P95/KP95 and have recommendations on how to properly conceal it?

I'm new to all of this and would like to do it properly and responsibly.

I'm a slender guy and typically don't wear a lot of overgarments - sweat too much - except in the late fall/winter/early spring.

Thanks,

Derek

I have the P95DC and a Galco COP series holster which brings the gun up and into the body nicely. I can conceal it with simply a tee shirt untucked. Your belt and holster make all the difference.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I used to carry my KP95D on the farm. Now it's on bathroom duty... literally.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

i carry mine everyday in a Galco IWB. conceals fairly ease for me 6'0 290 (all football baby..) But like sarge said you gotta have a well made belt!!!
    The words can't and impossible are honey only to lips of losers. "Keith Matt(Me)"

Ruger KP95
    Glock 22/ PT145/ Pardner Pump Tactical/ Century AK-74

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    I carry mine in a Galco IWB @ 4:00 . Not my favorite carry but very trust worthy. That thing eats everything I feed it.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Sounds like I need to work on getting a better belt and perhaps a Galco IWB holster.

Thanks for all of the advice!

I'm also seriously considering a Springfield XD9 as another carry option.

Another P95 owner here. I live in the People's Republic of Illinois so I can't carry here. Fortunately I have non-resident permits from NH and PA which allow me to carry in Indiana (where i do most of my shopping and short road trips). I haven't carried yet due to my inability to make a decision with a holster. I got a Bianchi Minimalist at Cabela's yesterday but i am going to return it as it does not fully cover the trigger area. I looked at the Galco COP it's #1 in my list for now. Got any pics?
    Mossberg 500A
    Savage 93R17 FV
    Ruger P95DC

I frequently use a P95DC for ccw (especially in summer months). A good belt is a real help in handling the bulk, an overly flexible one is not your friend. My holster is a SuperTuck IWB from Crossbreed. It holds it in to the body well and provides a good shield between body & gun. Keeping the front corner of the magazine from printing is the trick. A tight or body hugging shirt won't cut it without a cover garment (i.e. vest/coat/sweater). If not using a cover garment, you need either something you can blouse when tucked, or wear untucked that is fairly loose (and preferably dark patterned in either case).

Nick

Carry a P95

I have owned a P95 and it shot any 9-mm round that was loaded. A very reliable pistol, A little big for me to carry, built like a tank. I put a lot of rounds through the pistol and discovered that Ruger stands behind there products. A clip retainer that held the recoil spring on the guide rod broke. The pistol still functioned quite well. I called Ruger and asked for a new clip and a spare guide rod and spring assembly. I had my credit card at the ready and was stunned when the lady said they would ship those right out no charge.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by RKirk View Post
    I have owned a P95 and it shot any 9-mm round that was loaded. A very reliable pistol, A little big for me to carry, built like a tank. I put a lot of rounds through the pistol and discovered that Ruger stands behind there products. A clip retainer that held the recoil spring on the guide rod broke. The pistol still functioned quite well. I called Ruger and asked for a new clip and a spare guide rod and spring assembly. I had my credit card at the ready and was stunned when the lady said they would ship those right out no charge.

-- Richard
    Wow. There's an avatar from the past.

Sounds like I need to work on getting a better belt and perhaps a Galco IWB holster.
    That's the key. It's a mistake to think you can't conceal a full size pistol or revolver. I have good luck with holsters by FIST and I carry a Beretta 92 in a Galco Combat Master.

Quote Originally Posted by derekc23 View Post
    I'm also seriously considering a Springfield XD9 as another carry option.
    Excellent choice. I carry mine in a CTAC holster. Nice gun.

Update: I've purchased a Ruger SP 101 .357 with the 3" barrel for my carry option for now. I'm still thinking about the XD9 but I've also considered a .22 Magnum made by Taurus.

I have a Simply Rugged pancake holster and belt being made for the SP 101.

P95

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    Wow. There's an avatar from the past.
    I had to use it in honor of my first Macintosh.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RKirk View Post
    A clip retainer that held the recoil spring on the guide rod broke. The pistol still functioned quite well.
    Mine has the same issue. Knowing this, I think I'll call Ruger tomorrow.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links