Defensive Carry banner

Kahr CW9 light striking

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ripley16 
#1 ·
Hello, I have a new, 100 rounds with no problems through it Kahr CW9 that is now light striking the primer. It makes a small mark and does it on every round now. I can't get it to fire at all. Any advice? I really want to fix it myself if it's something easy. It's my wifes gun and If it's around then i can nudge her to practice with it often.

#3 ·
I also had light strikes with a CW9. Took it to a gunsmith who removed the firing pin and thoroughly cleaned the firing pin channel. Problem solved!

#4 ·
That's what I was thinking. Kahr's ship their pistols slathered in oil, and then some folks go nuts with oil themselves. Kahrs are pretty tight and crave lube, but oil getting into the firing pin channel will gum it up and cause problems like this. I recommend you completely degrease it after detail stripping, then use a quality gun grease on the rails, and a very judicious use of oil elsewhere, taking care not to let oil run into the firing pin hole.

Never had the problem with my CW9 but admittedly didn't keep it very long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.