A Dummy Plays with his CZ

This is a discussion on A Dummy Plays with his CZ within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They look like a good pistol wish i had bought one awhile ago before prices skyrocketed now there more than a glock...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Dummy Plays with his CZ

They look like a good pistol wish i had bought one awhile ago before prices skyrocketed now there more than a glock

2. Remove Ads

They're still not more than a Glock Bud... Academy Sports sells the CZ75B in .40 S&W cheaper than the Glock 19 by about $30 if I remember correctly.

I actually don't think I'd want this platform in .40 S&W though, kinda like how if I had a Glock I'd want one in its original caliber too.

Not here Euc i see people post prices they pay for a Cz and then see prices here and go wow

I can get a glock 17 or 22 for just about 489 after tax cant touch a CZ for under 525$

CZ's and their clones

I have a CZ-40P and a Witness Tactical II (a CZ clone), both in 40 S&W. I think they are both great guns and easily worth much more than they cost new... $290 (believe it or not) for the CZ and $425 for the Witness. I have a laser/light combo on the 40P and it's my bedroom gun. A few weeks ago I ordered a .357 SIG barrel for the 40P from Bar-Sto. When it gets here, all I'll need to do is swap barrels and I'll have two guns instead of one. The only change I made to the TAC II was a nice pair of wood grips, though the hard rubber factory grips aren't bad. If you think 9mm is a bit light, try a 40.
    Attached Images
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

I actually don't mind having guns in 9x19 again. Since I've inherited my father's pistol I am permanently vested in the caliber now.

The CZ75 is one of the all-time-great 9mm's. The CZ is reliable, accurate and extremely ergonomic. It fits my hand WAY better than my carry guns (Glocks) - and I agree with Euclidean - it has *something* about it that draws one to it. My Glocks don't elicit that type of response.....

But my BHP, 1911 and CZ do.

I carry my Glocks because they are reliable, accurate, ergonomic, light wieght and pretty much "environment" proof - they flat won't rust/corrode.

But when my hand wants to hold a fine firearm - Glocks aren't on the list. The BHP, 1911 and CZ are.

cheers

tire iron

As i have said before Glocks are good guns They Just have no Soul no draw not come hither look.

I agree with ya totally Tire Iron on my hand calls for a Nice piece of steel or Wood grips.

It never says to me i wanna hold the XD, HK , Or Glock it says get me a Nice Colt or 1911to fondel

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - let the purists unite!!

That said - I do feel well at ease holding the 226ST But the BHP does ask for a fondle at times as does a 1911!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Rachilders is it just me or are the Rear sights in you pics way super high ?

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    The CZ 75 in 9mm has been #1 on my list several times yet I just can't seem to make myself buy one. Whenever I handle one in a shop something jut doesn't seem quite right to me in the way it fits my hand. However, I handled a compactfor the first time recently and loved it; so, maybe a compact model will come home with me at some point.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Cz P01

Hi Chris,

If you are considering a CZ, please let me recommend the P01. My son got me into CZ's with his 75. His only complaint with his is that for carry, it's a bit long. He outshot me so badly, I bought the P01 to reclaim my pride (he still outshoots me). Although most children with slingshots group tighter than I do, the CZs all let me do my best.
    Recently, my gunsmith came into the range to try out a 1911 he was working on. I offeref my P01, as he had never fired one before. At 10 yards, he emptied 10 rounds into a 1 inch circle. We were both impressed, him with the pistol and me with his shooting.
    I like the rail for home defense and the size, if I decide to carry it. If the rail doesn't appeal, the PCR is basically the same pitol, sans rail.
    Just something to consider.

Be Well,

Scarface
    Scarface
    Good night, Chesty, wherever you are
    http://www.anklepocket.com/

Assistant Administrator
    Hey Buck

Well - the main CZ's are as yet not on my radar tho - I do hear plenty of good things. My 226 has a rail so I am set up there, should I ever use it.

The PO1 I know so little about but in fact I may just dig deeper on the CZ range in general - time I knew a bit more about them, whether I get one or not.

I am pretty much ''up to number'' with what I have and have backed off from buying but hey - with a weak will like mine - who knows what may happen

Happy Xmas Buck, to you and all yours.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Rachilders is it just me or are the Rear sights in you pics way super high ?
    Which gun? Actually, they are Novak style sights that came with the guns. I have Novaks on a 1911 and you can't tell them apart. I've never had to make an adjustment to either gun's sights. The first two shots I fired from either gun hit the crosshairs on the target at ten yards and the first five left one big hole. It might have been luck, but I think the sights were set "dead on" at the factory, at least for me.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Must just be he way pic looks then they looked super high on all 3

i have a 75 bd. i like it so much, i want to get one of the compacts. don't know which one yet. the po1, rami, or pcr. maybe all three

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links