KAHR PM9 Owners...

This is a discussion on KAHR PM9 Owners... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have an opportunity to pick up a Kahr PM9, like new, standard sights for $450 (no tax) . What do you think of the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KAHR PM9 Owners...

KAHR PM9 Owners...

I have an opportunity to pick up a Kahr PM9, like new, standard sights for $450 (no tax) . What do you think of the firearm and the deal...price looks good to me based on some phone calls and internet sites.

I own the P9 and like it. Have not shot the PM9, but have held one and it feels good in the hand...seems ideally suited for EDC.

Experiences with this firearm appreciated...Thanks!

-Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

2. Remove Ads

I have a PM9. Great carry gun, it's thin and lightweight and even though I have an XD-40 and an XD-9 subcompact, the PM9 is what I carry most of the time. It shoots as well as expected. I have more luck with FMJs, hollow points sometimes get stuck on the feed ramp. One point with the PM9: When loading, lock the slide back, insert your clip, and release the slide. Do not insert your clip and then pull the slide back and release.

Administrator
    Buy it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by LockNLoad View Post
    One point with the PM9: When loading, lock the slide back, insert your clip, and release the slide. Do not insert your clip and then pull the slide back and release.
    Allow me to be first, before someone beats me to it...

I would expect all sorts of malfunctions if you are attempting to load a clip into your PM9.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by WJP9 View Post
    I have an opportunity to pick up a Kahr PM9, like new, standard sights for $450 (no tax) ...

Experiences with this firearm appreciated...Thanks!
    Love mine, approaching 1000 rounds with 115, 124, 147 grain, all brands ammo, not a glitch after first 50 rounds (couple of failure to return to battery, might have been limp wristing).

That's a fine price seems to me.

- OS

This is what I cary most of the time. Very convenient and reliable. I carry it in a pocket holster, 5.11 shirt, kangaroo carry, fanny pak or a holster.

Rather short sight radius and DA trigger took some practice to shoot well.

Use the slide stop to release the slide rather than pulling the slide back and releasing by hand.

Good shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by oilman View Post
    This is what I cary most of the time. Very convenient and reliable. I carry it in a pocket holster, 5.11 shirt, kangaroo carry, fanny pak or a holster.

Rather short sight radius and DA trigger took some practice to shoot well.

Use the slide stop to release the slide rather than pulling the slide back and releasing by hand.

Good shooting!

I'd imagine it will shoot similar to my P9 since it is essentially a chopped version of the same gun....which is why I'm a little surprised to hear about mag issues??? Never experience this with the P9.
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris68 View Post
    Allow me to be first, before someone beats me to it...

I would expect all sorts of malfunctions if you are attempting to load a clip into your PM9.
    LOL...I would agree...I'm planning on using magazines...we'll see how that works.
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by WJP9 View Post
    I'd imagine it will shoot similar to my P9 since it is essentially a chopped version of the same gun....which is why I'm a little surprised to hear about mag issues??? Never experience this with the P9.
    It's not really an "issue". Kahr instructions state to do it so.
    Just that these babies are tight, stiff spring, harder to get a great grip on the slide to pull back.
    If you don't get it all the way back and release with total force, can nose dive the round.
    Loading first round with slide release guarantees that function. And of course, it's a non-issue also with changing mags, since slide locks back on empty anyway.

I can manually rack slide and get the first round in okay everytime I've tried, but I do it the suggested way anyway, since I really only load from scratch after a cleaning.

Incidentally, this procedure is recommended for perhaps any number of pistols if you ever read the fine print in the manual. My XD does, for example. I'd be surprised if you don't find that in your P9 manual as well.

- OS

$450 is what I paid for mine (used) and it was the bet deal I had found after looking for a couple of months. I'm with SIXTO - BUY IT! :)

I love mine!

I just recently purchased my first Kahr PM9 (3 weeks ago) and so far so good. I already have 1200 rounds thru it and it has only stove piped twice. I think that is pretty dam good. This gun is incredible as I have shot 115 gr. and 147gr. mostly and I clean it as soon as I return from the range. The gun is really tight and compact and is firm in my hand on every shot. The sights are off by a wisker but I just adjust it and I'm good. I carry this gun everyday/everywhere either IWB or ankle so beleive me to carry around my ankle all day it must be light.
    Best of luck, I hope you go for it.
    By the way....don't listen to all the people who say they suck or the older models are worthless....I bought mine used and it was manufactured three years ago !!!

Honestly, for that price getting a used one with no night sights, I would pass. If I could do it all again, I would have got the black one. Have you looked on gunbroker?

Kahr PM9 9mm Black Diamond with factory nights : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Honestly, for that price getting a used one with no night sights, I would pass. If I could do it all again, I would have got the black one. Have you looked on gunbroker?

Kahr PM9 9mm Black Diamond with factory nights : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com
    I think the "like new" for $450 is a better deal by far. Gun broker at $650 + $20 shipping + $25 FFL puts me at almost $700. To me, that's like paying $250 for night sights!
    -Bill

My PM9

I've had my PM9 for about a month now and have put just under 500 rounds through it (the last 200 have been speer gold dot 124gr +p HPs). I'm very happy. Mine has the black slide and night sights. I added a hogue jr grip to it which really adds to the comfort. I've carried it in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster, and in a MTAC comfortably. I'd buy it if I were you.
    Sig P239 .40sw, P229 Platinum Elite .9mm
    Glock 19, 26 & 27
    HK USP Compact .40sw
    Kahr PM9 Black with Nights, Ruger LCP
    Smith & Wesson 649 and M&P 340CT
    Benelli M2 Tactical

Definitely buy it! I paid 550 for mine used at a gun show...I have not had any failures at all with mine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links