Kel-Tec PF-9

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec PF-9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have had my new PF-9 for a couple weeks now, about 200 rounds through it without any jams or mis-feeds. I am really enjoying this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec PF-9

Kel-Tec PF-9

Have had my new PF-9 for a couple weeks now, about 200 rounds through it without any jams or mis-feeds.

I am really enjoying this gun, especially how easy it is to conceal.

Anybody else??

Kev

2. Remove Ads

I have one with the keltec clip mounted on the side. I don't carry it every day but I like it when I have to resort to just sticking it in a front pocket rather than IWB. BTW, it fits in my M&P 45 Compact Crossbreed IWB holster--clicks right in.

Whoops--I have a P11!
    Last edited by MP45CDE; October 10th, 2008 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Whoops

I've carried one for about nine months. Great carry gun even when jogging. I use the Highnoon Hidden Ally. I does not care much for 147gr ammo, but other than that no complaints.

I've had mine almost a year now. No complaint's from me. Great little gun...and cheap too. Only wish there were more holster's for it.

I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Have two. No problems with either. Most carried handgun I own.

Ditto - I think they got the issues worked out. I carry mine just about everyday bacause it is so easy to carry. My Glock gets a little lonely.

Good info. I have been considering one of them for awhile now. I am going to the local toy store tomorrow to shoot one.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    y'all might try looking at leather made for compact 1911's for the KT PF9. I carried my PF9 IWB in a Don Hume 715 3-1/2" for about a year. It also fit good enough for proper retention in a Fobus made for my Kimber Compact, as well as my Galco IWB made for the Kimber. I think you will find that the trigger guard shape, as well as distance from trigger guard bottom to the top of the slide is almost identical to the compact 1911, although the slide width is a bit narrower.

Dig around in the used holster bins at your local shops a you may just find some treasures

surv

Quote Originally Posted by cv7713 View Post
    Good info. I have been considering one of them for awhile now. I am going to the local toy store tomorrow to shoot one.
    You will get the feel for it - but you will not enjoy shooting it - at least not after a couple of mags. I have said it before - not a fun range gun. A great little carry gun - just not a fun gun. Just FYI

I've had one for about 5 months or so. No problems and I like the compact size. I have several holsters for it, one pocket, IWB, OWB. All work well depending on how I'm dressed.

Oldest one(bottom) shot this group fast w/Gold Dot 124+p that had been in gun about 2 mos. It's 2 years old w/over 1500 rds. Newer one (top) is carried most and has close to 1000 rds thru it. Neither ever been sent back for repairs. I know they're not range guns but I do do enjoy shooting them. The Handall Jr slip on grip helps a lot. Because shooting a 12+oz 9mm will wear on you and the gun, I limit myself to about 5-6 mags/mo. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    y'all might try looking at leather made for compact 1911's for the KT PF9. I carried my PF9 IWB in a Don Hume 715 3-1/2" for about a year.
    i bought the same holster for my bro, i think. he wears it at 1 - 2 oclock. he loves it, the gun and the holster. the only ammo it seems to not like is the 147 g, winchester rangers.

VIP Member
    I have one, always goes BANG when You push the switch. I use a crossbreed and it is like it is not even there. Also have a Desantis # 79 (IWB) which I got for a 1911 3" and it fits snug in there.

I like my PF9 HC a lot and actually have it right by my side and wore it today. Mine is very reliable and fits my large hands well surprisingly well.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    You will get the feel for it - but you will not enjoy shooting it - at least not after a couple of mags. I have said it before - not a fun range gun. A great little carry gun - just not a fun gun. Just FYI
    You are right! Horrible to shoot! but I bought one anyway... I ridges on the back seemed to bite hard so I put the Hogue grip cover on which helped a lot. Bought it for concealability...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links