Another new one. Killer SA Micro

This is a discussion on Another new one. Killer SA Micro within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a Micro that I just finished. All of the good stuff inside and finished in Tactical Brushed Blue. Like a very fine textured ...

Thread: Another new one. Killer SA Micro

This is a Micro that I just finished. All of the good stuff inside and finished in Tactical Brushed Blue. Like a very fine textured satin blue but very black/blue and it will get the nice holster patina that comes from aging and wear. I expect that the customer will be changing out the grips for something more suitable. This one has a target crown, stippling, S&A beavertail, Greider match trigger, EGW ignition, STI Ti hammer strut, 4.5 lb trigger job, and all the normal tuning and buffing. This is a bit different in that it is a Micro carry gun and retains some of the stock parts. I did have to work over the stock safety quite a bit to get the "snick-snick" that we all love. Anyway here it is.

Jess

"Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

Tell us, did the gun come with the lanyard ring?

Yes. The "stock" parts on the gun are the grips, MSH, safety. The slide was dovetailed for Novak style sights. I am going to change out the height and drift adjustable for a Yam 10-8 rear sight. The adjustable is one I use to get the gun to shoot point of aim then modify the replacement rear sight for zero. He also wanted a short trigger. I usually use a Grieder medium or long pull. Or STIs nylon black trigger. It is my new fovorite. It also has a Wilson Bullet Proof firing pin, EGW oversized slide stop tuned to reduce felt recoil, EGW .200 shaft slide stop to tighten up the lockup, all EGW ignition parts including sear, disconnect, leaf spring and hammer to get rid of all of the MIM parts. The main spring housing is the one that comes on the Micro but I converted the guts to non ILS parts. The hammer strut is STI titanium. Hand polished crown barrel. Custom front strap stippling, 40 LPI serrations on the back of the slide. And then there is the awesome brushed blue that Phil at Glenrock Blue did for me. He uses a 10 tank bluing process and I use him for all of my bluing. I used to mix my own salts and do it myself but he does a much better job and the blue looks like it is a mile thick. Very very dark blue/black and all of the purple, red, green, blue highlights that you see in the higher end bluing jobs. I would put it up against the Nitre blue that Colt used to do in a fired oven with wood.

Jess
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

Pretty.

Suggestion, use a ruler or playing card or comparison. I have no idea how big that knife is.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Nice metal work, like the stippling. I think the gun will look much nicer with the 10-8 sight. That MSH, it looks halfway between arched and flat, almost like and EB Wedge. I have never noticed that shape before.
    What Would Gumby Do?

sorry...

Wow.

What makes a brushed blue finish "Tactical"? Looks like the front left side of the slide has already had some holster wear put on it.

How do you transfer the elevation change from an adjustable rear sight to a fixed rear sight? What happens if the fixed rear sight needs to be taller? The Micros already have pretty short front sights- I'd hate to make it almost uselessly short.

Like many of my college girlfriends, this one probably looks pretty good until you turn on the lights.

VIP Member
    Now you need someone unbiased to test it for you... might I suggest ME?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Sorry. Disregard my previous post.

That was rather poor manners.
    Last edited by Naysayer; October 13th, 2008 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Sincere apology.

Ontarget,

PM sent.

Superb work Jeff.

makes me want one of them itty bitty 1911's.

Sponsored Links