Taurus PT145

Taurus PT145

This is a discussion on Taurus PT145 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am considering buying a new millinium in black stainless for a new carry piece. Anyone with experience with this gun. Also any recomindations for ...

Thread: Taurus PT145

Taurus PT145

I am considering buying a new millinium in black stainless for a new carry piece. Anyone with experience with this gun. Also any recomindations for carry holster owb.

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    I had one. I sold it, not cause I didn't like it, just money issues. The ONLY thing I don't care for is the "straight 8" sights.
    God Bless America!!

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Chickasaw, AL
    Didn't see a pic - if it's the one I think it is - my brother in law had one - I shot and liked it....
    For God, Family and Country!

I've got one. It is ok but I only have about 500 rounds through it. Had some problems last time I tried shooting HST rounds through it. I'm thinking of trading it for a glock or M&P. Glock 30 is a bit longer with an extra 1/2" on the barrel, roughly the same width and about 3/8" less in height. I'd rather have the G30SF personally as I find it to be more accurate. Both the G30 and PT145 are a bit thick for IWB but manageable.

Owned one and wasn't too impressed with it. You can get a much better gun for $100-$150 more. I really didn't like the straight 8 sights and it wasn't consistently reliable. Also if you have the railed version, you have limited holster options.

Piney Flats, TN
    I have had mine for about a month now (see my Avatar). I have about 600 rds with no problems what so ever, I trust it enough to carry it now. The PT145 and the PT745 just got a pretty good write up in Handguns magazine. I don't dislike the straight8 sites but if you ave never shot them before they take a little getting used to. I cant speak for a OWB holsters as I usually carry IWB but go through the usuall list of holster makers I am sure you can get one. Also if the Mods dont mind try Taurusarmed.net

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links