Beretta 3032 Tomcat - Frame problems

This is a discussion on Beretta 3032 Tomcat - Frame problems within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking at a Beretta 3032 Tomcat for wife. She has looked at several guns and prefers the 3032. Have read about frame problems in another ...

Looking at a Beretta 3032 Tomcat for wife. She has looked at several guns and prefers the 3032. Have read about frame problems in another forum and looking for additional info prior to purchase. Have read that the 3032 INOX is being sent as a replacement for 3032 if the owner has a problem and I have not read about any problems with the 3032 INOX model.

Has anyone had first hand experience with either of the guns and would they recommend it for purchase?

I had one for a while. It was fairly comfortable to shoot, although the trigger would pinch my finger occasionally. I had one stovepipe the entire time I had the gun, but no problems otherwise.

Eventually I realized that the gun was too big for such a small cartridge, and it was much too wide for pocket carry, so I sold it. It wasn't a bad gun, but it wasn't for me. After I sold it, I bought a Kel-Tec P3AT and later a Ruger LCP, both of which I've been happy with.

I'm under the impression that the earlier Tomcat's could have problems, but that the issue was fixed with later versions.

INOX = stainless.

Have heard plenty about the tomcats, no first hand experience. check the grip screws, loctite is manditory.

Beretta 3032

I have had a INOX 3032 for several years and I have not had a single problem. Have heard that the standard 3032 had some issues after about 1000 rounds, I think it was the frame. I use it mostly as a back up and as a carry on backpacking trips, so I have put over 2000 rounds through it without a hickup.
    I don't intend to leave this world in perfect condition, I will be sliding into the gates of Heaven (hell) yelling "WHAT A RUSH!!!"

I own a Tomcat 3032. In the couple hundred rounds I've put through it, so far so good. I traded away a NAA Guardian .32 for the Tomcat because the Tomcat fit my hand better. I usually pocket carry it as a back up to my duty weapon or when I can't carry something larger.
    Randy

I have a tomcat that I carry as a BUG/Motorcycle carry/ jogging weapon. I have had one issue with the slide jumping off the frame at about 50 rounds, and since I sent it to a gunsmith it has been 100% reliable. I have about 3-400 through it. It is not an INOX. It has very light recoil and decent accuracy for a belly gun. For a primary weapon, unless nothing else is concealable which is why I carry it in certain situations, I would look for a small 9mm for your wife. Not really knocking the tomcat, but if she could conceal and shoot something a little larger I would go for it. The tomcat is best suited as a "I can't conceal anything else, or a BUG weapon".

I shot a lot of rounds threw my Tomcat and the frame broke. Beretta replaced it for a small fee and said it was not made for a lot of shooting. If I can't shoot my guns a lot I don't want them. I sold it.

Thanks

Thanks to all for your comments.

From what I understand the Tomcat's used to have a lot of issues with cracked frames that Beretta resolved by deploying a thicker frame like on the INOX model. Sometimes I go to my LGS and see both versions. Make sure you get the one with the thicker slide.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    B.Adams wrote:
    Eventually I realized that the gun was too big for such a small cartridge, and it was much too wide for pocket carry, so I sold it. It wasn't a bad gun, but it wasn't for me. After I sold it, I bought a Kel-Tec P3AT and later a Ruger LCP, both of which I've been happy with.
    I agree with B. Adams, and I followed pretty much the same route. My Tomcat gave me no trouble, but was like carrying a brick in my pocket, and being .32 cal did not instill confidense in me.
    I've got my LCP with me in my pocket all the time. It's extremely light weight and thin, yet, more effective than the .32.

The Beretta 3032 Inox .32 has been a great gun so far.

It is a little heavy, but it is well made and sturdy. I have only put a couple hundred rounds through it but i have yet to have a jam, aside from my hand hitting the magazine release button when firing. I have corrected my grip so i don't do that now.

I like the gun, although it is heavy for a .32 it is extremely accurate. I was getting head shots on targets at the farthest distance at the range, whatever it is. mI am thinking about getting another carry gun, that will most likely include a larger caliber. However with this gun, I can carry it often when my 9mm, 45 and .44 is at home.

The inox frame is much more thick and substantial than the other 3032. I carry the inox and my dad has the 3032 slim frame.

Give it a try if you want a small, accurate (although heavy) .32

We have ordered the 3032 INOX.

One of the big advantages was the tip-up barrel which allow the gun to be loaded and fired very easily. My wife does not have the hand strength to load the conventional pistol. She has fired a 32 revolver with no problems, but prefers the feel of the 3032.

In my research, I have not found any frame problems with the INOX model and have decided to give it a try.

Links