Beretta Storm px4 sc

This is a discussion on Beretta Storm px4 sc within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, first and foremost I wanted to say that I'm a new member on the forums, and I'm amazed at all of the info ...

Thread: Beretta Storm px4 sc

Beretta Storm px4 sc

Hey guys, first and foremost I wanted to say that I'm a new member on the forums, and I'm amazed at all of the info on here..

I got my LTCF (Pennsylvania) a couple months ago and I'm checking out some different handguns on the market. I'm looking for something small that I can carry in the summer months and not show. I currently have a sig sauer P226 elite (.40) but the thing is a full frame and a tank to carry.

I'm really interested in the Beretta Storm px4 subcompact; but 9mm's don't really fit my fancy. I was wondering if there is any known release date on the Storm px4 sc .40 s&w? I've been reading some great reviews on these pistols and I think I'd like to get one whenever they become available.

You guys think they'll be on the market within the next year?

I can't find any release dates or anything like that..

Additionally, if you would please suggest a .40 or .45 that is nice and compact for discreet CC I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for a subcompact (preferably), something that can be carried without showing in the summer.

Your help is appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

First off....look at the Glock 27 in .40 for a good all around subcompact ccw. 10 rounds of .40 in a 3.5 inch barrel and the kahr pm45 is 5+1 of .45. I have read some good reviews.
    As far as the .40 px4 sc....I wouldnt hold your breath. It took way past the expected date for the 9.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have the Kahr CW45 and have been extremely pleased with it. Very accurate and I have had no problems of any kind. About as thin as you are going to find for a .45. It is 6 + 1 capacity.

Here's a few thoughts for you. I just got a PX4 subcompact 9mm.

I compared it's size to the XD-SC, the PF9, and EMP (all 9mm's). I literally placed them on top of each other for comparisons on size. Other than the thickness of the grip and gun, there is almost no difference in the size of these guns in terms of overall height and length. The barrel section on a PX4-SC is deeper than the PF9 of course. I thought that was rather interesting, as none of them "feel" the same at all, and don't seem to be that close. But, they are.

The PF9 and EMP are obviously the thinner one's, vs the XD-SC and PX4... and it amazes me that the Px4 (for better thicker) only has 2 more shots than the EMP, which is much thinner made. Yet the XD is also a 10 shot, like the EMP, unless you put in the 15 shot mag. and gain height as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon four View Post
    Hey guys, first and foremost I wanted to say that I'm a new member on the forums, and I'm amazed at all of the info on here..

I got my LTCF (Pennsylvania) a couple months ago and I'm checking out some different handguns on the market. I'm looking for something small that I can carry in the summer months and not show. I currently have a sig sauer P226 elite (.40) but the thing is a full frame and a tank to carry.

I'm really interested in the Beretta Storm px4 subcompact; but 9mm's don't really fit my fancy. I was wondering if there is any known release date on the Storm px4 sc .40 s&w? I've been reading some great reviews on these pistols and I think I'd like to get one whenever they become available.

You guys think they'll be on the market within the next year?

I can't find any release dates or anything like that..

Additionally, if you would please suggest a .40 or .45 that is nice and compact for discreet CC I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for a subcompact (preferably), something that can be carried without showing in the summer.

Your help is appreciated.
    The .40 cal version is shipping to LEO orders now. They should be on the civilian market mid November to early December.
    JL
    Ruger KP944 40 S&W
    Ruger P89 9mm

I shot a friend's 9 mm Px4 yesterday at the range. We put 250 rounds through it brand new out of the box with no hiccups. The double action first shot was smooth and I am guessing maybe 5-6 lbs. The rest of the SA shots the trigger seemed like its travel and pull wt was cut in half and was very smooth. It did not have much recoil to me at all (my carry is a .45 Kimber). I was shooting 3.5-4 inch groups up to 30 feet out. It compared closely in size and wt to my Kimber Pro CDP and the grip with the smallest backstrap gave a comparable feel to to my Kimber. I was really impressed with the trigger, recoil, and natural point and shoot with the Px4. Good Gun!
    Kimber Pro CDP II

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

Great responses guys. I didn't expect half of the posts I got. You guys are good to the new guy

I went out tonight, I checked out the kel-tec pf 9,

The Kahr PM9

Glock 27 (.40)

SA xd 9mm

Another glock, but a subcompact... Forget the model.

As well as a few others.. I was quickly able to rule out the glock and a few of the others because of their sheer size...

The keltec and the kahr are perfect size for what I'm looking for. The keltec felt like the grip was too short. The Kahr felt excellent, was nice and slim in the width, and was an over all small gun.

All that they had was the 9mm; I'm going to get either the .40 or the .45. Plus with a price tag of $849 I figured I'd shop around some.

The clerk highly suggested that I avoid the Kahr .40 and .45 at all costs, he says they JAM all of the time, due to a very weak spring. He said you need to get that spring replaced with a 60 lb spring in order for it to shoot properly??? Looking for Kahr owners here...

Thank you all for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon four View Post
    The clerk highly suggested that I avoid the Kahr .40 and .45 at all costs, he says they JAM all of the time, due to a very weak spring. He said you need to get that spring replaced with a 60 lb spring in order for it to shoot properly??? Looking for Kahr owners here...
    Unfortunately, not every gun dealer knows much about guns... as seems to be the case here. While I have heard of some issues with early .40 cal Kahr's, I don't know the details or if it's still an issue. However I can almost certainly assure you that there is no such thing as a 60# spring for a Kahr!!! Few people could effectively rack the slide on such a beast. The heaviest Kahr springs I've seen from Wolff were 24.5#. Standard springs are 18#-22#.

The springs in the first-gen K9's were 24#, and so many people complained of having trouble racking the slide, Kahr redesigned the pistols with 18-20# springs. IMO they're still very stiff, especially the CW9 I had.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

Dave, I tried to ask him the same thing.. I asked him how in the world you could rack the slide on a gun with a 60 lb spring he told me you get used to it quickly..

I'm just like yeah right.. Most archery hunters are satisfied pulling a draw weight of 60 lbs and that is with their whole arm...

Links