anyone have an M&P 45?

This is a discussion on anyone have an M&P 45? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; been looking at the m&p 45 for a while till i got bit by the 1911 bug. just wondering, how do yall like the m&p's? ...

Thread: anyone have an M&P 45?

anyone have an M&P 45?

been looking at the m&p 45 for a while till i got bit by the 1911 bug.
    just wondering, how do yall like the m&p's? likes and dislikes? easy to conceal full size? thanks
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
    Ted Nugent

2. Remove Ads

Great weapon, it is a bit on the fat side for deep concealment. Bear in mind, I live in the hellfire of Phoenix where 'jacket' season is only about two or three months. I can carry my M&P concealed when wearing a jacket using a DeSaitis scabbard, but not without the jacket. My daily carry is a Sig Revolutuion compact 1911 that I carry IWB with a Galco Sto-n-Go, much thinner than the M&P, thus making it concealable wearing a button-up shirt. The grip of the officer's platform 1911 is significantly shorter than the M&P

I have an M&P Compact .45 and it is every bit what I expected. Accurate. Easy to shoot. Recoil nonexistant! :O IWB no problem--it's actually smaller than a Kimber Ultra and more than half the price! It has a shorter grip than any downsized 1911 out there.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I don't have the .45, but I have the .40. It conceals well under a button-up shirt with a C-T.A.C. Recoil is mild compared to other plastic .40's I've shot, and feels better in the hand. I don't like how it eats up ammo, causing me to have to buy more. I highly recommend the M&P series.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

I have both the full size and compact M&P 45s and the compact version is perfection to me. It just feels right and shoots wonderfully. Worn under a jacket or open shirt it is a great carry gun. Now in really how weather I carry a Titanium J frame S&W or a Ruger LCP in my pocket.

I have one... And a M&P40 and M&P40c... Am looking for a 45c and a 9 currently...

Did I mention I like the M&P line?

I have the M&P 9 full size that I sent to S&W for there action job and performance center sear. I only have 150 (flawless) rounds through it since S&W's work. The trigger is awesome for a polymer handgun. It will be back at the range soon!
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

I've got a M&P 9c and a 45. I'm waiting on my holster to be made and I plan on carrying the 45 during the colder months. Both are great guns and I think Resupt stated that the only self defense caliber one should consider starts with a 4 and end with a 5. The 45 is a dream to shoot. I've got about 500 rounds through mine without a hiccup.

I have an M&P 45 mid and I love it. Much better in my hand than my G23 was, conceals about the same. I did lose a few rounds from the G23 (13) but overall I'm much happier with the M&P.

I've put a couple hundred rounds through it, no problems at all.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    I carry the full size MP45 OWB in a Blackhawk Serpa. No problem with concealment under a loose shirt. I'm 5'11 @ 170.

Have approx 500 rds through it and the only problem FTFEED came from bulk reloaded practice ammo during the Sheriff's Dept gun class(they were supplying the ammo). Rounds were getting stuck between the extractor and bolt face.

The case rim was visibly thicker than the commercial ammo (WWB) that I had with me or the carry ammo (Federal) that the instructor brought out .Changed ammo-problem solved.

Dept carries Glocks, and apparently, they have more clearance in that area. Not better, not worse, just different.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

I've got the full size .40 and love it. smooth shooter, great ergos, all around great gun! I'm very pleased with mine!
    "Come, follow me, " Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

thanks for the info. i was comparing the m&p45, XD 45, and the lightweight commander yesterday at a shop. XD is out, to bulky for me, felt cheap.

its between an M&P or the lt commander......hmmm choices, i am looking for 1 ccw gun for everything. i want something that i can be familiar with to the point of i can opperate, dissemble and reassemble it blindfolded. i think the 1911 is my best bet right now, but later i will be buying the m&p if i dont buy one soon.
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
    Ted Nugent

Love my M&P 9c

After much research, I purchased the M&P 9c as my first handgun. I have a S&W Model 500 (I think that's right) in a 357mag. Not exactly a CCW gun. I love my new M&P. I don't have but maybe 150 or so rounds through it, but have had zero problem. It shoots well and is very easy to take down and put back together. I barely had to look at the instructions. For what it's worth, I love mine.

God bless and Good luck with your purchase. I'm sure you'll be happy with either one.

Links