Kahr pm40?

This is a discussion on Kahr pm40? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I went to the gun shop to purchase a g26. While looking I noticed a Kahr pm40. Both the G26 and the PM40 were ...

Thread: Kahr pm40?

Kahr pm40?

So I went to the gun shop to purchase a g26. While looking I noticed a Kahr pm40. Both the G26 and the PM40 were 399. Unfortunately there is no way to try out the pm40 prior to purchase. For ccwing, which would you walk out of the store with? Both are used, but in like new condition. The glock I would have thought was brand new after looking at, if it wasn't tagged as used. The Kahr has some wear and only comes with the extended magazine. I am a little concerned that such a small polymer gun firing .40 would have a bit of a snap to it, but like I said i am unable to try it out. I am not concerned with the stopping power difference between the 3 calibers, any high-end sd ammo would negate most of the difference anyway, so.......Any suggestions?
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

2. Remove Ads

Not sure where in NC you are, but I went to Firepower in Mathews(charlotte) to buy an xd-40sc for my cc and ended up walking out with a Kahr cw45. It's a tad bigger than the pm40, but the recoil is manageable. I love the little thing. They actually have a kahr cw40 you can rent and shoot. I don't imagine it would be all that different. Just a thought if you are in the Charlotte area.

~Erik
    Kahr CW45
    Glock 19 OD

If Obama is the answer it was a dumb question.

I own a Glock 26 and a Kahr PM9, which I think is the same size as the PM40. While I can't comment on the recoil from the PM40, I can tell you it will be much more concealable than the 26.

I easily slip the PM9 in my front pocket and sometimes carry it in a small zippered pouch that attaches to my belt.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Glocks and wish they would come out with a model comparable in size to the PM9. The PM9 requires more maintenance and care, but it's just more practical for me to carry.

Hope this helps.

Pm40, best of both worlds. Pocket carry with regular mag or belt carry with the extended mag. I have three Kahrs (CW9, K9 & K40) and would recommend them to anyone. My next purchase will probably be either a PM9 or 40.

I have a P9 and carry it every day. I also have a Glock 30. I really like it, but the Kahr is so much easier to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaystekan View Post
    So I went to the gun shop to purchase a g26. While looking I noticed a Kahr pm40. Both the G26 and the PM40 were 399. Unfortunately there is no way to try out the pm40 prior to purchase. For ccwing, which would you walk out of the store with? Both are used, but in like new condition. The glock I would have thought was brand new after looking at, if it wasn't tagged as used. The Kahr has some wear and only comes with the extended magazine. I am a little concerned that such a small polymer gun firing .40 would have a bit of a snap to it, but like I said i am unable to try it out. I am not concerned with the stopping power difference between the 3 calibers, any high-end sd ammo would negate most of the difference anyway, so.......Any suggestions?
    I carry a K40 Covert (long slide, short grip) and I'd agree that the Kahr is much easier to conceal because it is so flat compared to the G26 - lovely though they are. As for the recoil, the PM40 is a little stout, but not unmanagable.

Dex
    Dex }:>=-

Lightningwear Deep Concealment Holsters: http://www.lightningwear.net

The PM40 might be the "best" pocket gun of all time, IMHO.
    Freedom of speech does not excuse one from freedom of thought.

PM40 all the way pal.... size, weight and cal. all wrapped up in one nice little package.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    I love my PM40. A couple of caveats, though:

1. With that short sight radius, you really have to FOCUS on sight alignment.

2. I found that, at least with mine, you have to hold the gun firmly in place - stiff-arm it - while firing, or it sometimes fails to go fully into battery for the next shot.

The grip on the mini-Glocks is too short for me to get a solid grip on. I find that I'm holding them with only my middle finger, with the other two underneath. With the PM40, there's just enough grip for my ring finger to wrap around, as well.

Plus, the PM40 disappears in a pants pocket. The Glock 27 (or 26), not so much.

Links