Just got a new gun..

Just got a new gun..

This is a discussion on Just got a new gun.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got a Springfield XD Sub-Compact .40....finally. It's amazing!! I haven't shot it yet, I'm planning on going later this week though. And I'm ...

Just got a new gun..

I just got a Springfield XD Sub-Compact .40....finally. It's amazing!! I haven't shot it yet, I'm planning on going later this week though. And I'm gonna send it in to get night sights put on it later on too. This gun is awesome!!!
    "It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you." -Quote from Batman Begins

Psalms 55:22 -"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall."

You've still got it in your hands don't you? Been staring at it haven't you? Have to put it down to type, or you doing that one-handed? Been racking the slide haven't you? Been aiming at stuff haven't you? Have you put it down yet? LOL! Anytime anyone here gets a new pistol, it's a glorious day! Congrats....have fun, be safe. "Later this week"? Tomorrow is Friday you know!

I have one myself and it is flawless. Home protection pistol for me. Shoots great and easy to breakdown and clean.

MGD
    Congrats, let us know how it goes!

I love my XD-SC in 40. I had Trijicon night sights installed last week at my local gun shop for $115. I highly recommend a good IWB holster (I really enjoy my K&D Dakota Defender) and you'll really fall in love with it. Post your impressions at the range.
    "I play for keeps."

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    I too carry a XD40SC in a Dakota Defender, an amazing combination. I will be having Trijicon's installed on it soon.

Mike
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Yeah..... you can't not put it down or anything. This gun is so rockin awesome!! It's like God's gift to the gun world...lol and I'm thinkin' Sunday for shooting maybe...but that'd be next week wouldn't it? hmm, oh well. lol I can't wait to shoot it!
    "It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you." -Quote from Batman Begins

Psalms 55:22 -"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall."

Quote Originally Posted by fishhunter828 View Post
    Yeah..... you can't not put it down or anything. This gun is so rockin awesome!! It's like God's gift to the gun world...lol and I'm thinkin' Sunday for shooting maybe...but that'd be next week wouldn't it? hmm, oh well. lol I can't wait to shoot it!
    LOL! I knew it. Well, best hopes for the weekend then, and your range trip! Next week will be here before you know it.

congrats on the new gun...hope your range time is enjoyable!
    "Come, follow me, " Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Anybody have some Glock 27 and XD40sc side by side size comparison pics?
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

I have a XD Subcompact 9mm OD/Blue if you love yours as much as I love mine I'm sure you'll own it forever!!!
    "No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fishhunter828 View Post
    I just got a Springfield XD Sub-Compact .40....finally. It's amazing!! I haven't shot it yet, I'm planning on going later this week though. And I'm gonna send it in to get night sights put on it later on too. This gun is awesome!!!
    You got this gun a few days ago? You're still here?
    Hey, get going...get to the range...and report back soon!

We're waiting...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Very nice, but
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You've still got it in your hands don't you? Been staring at it haven't you? Have to put it down to type, or you doing that one-handed? Been racking the slide haven't you? Been aiming at stuff haven't you? Have you put it down yet? LOL! Anytime anyone here gets a new pistol, it's a glorious day! Congrats....have fun, be safe. "Later this week"? Tomorrow is Friday you know!
    this is so true...

Links