How do you like your XD?

This is a discussion on How do you like your XD? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently switched to an XD45 4" from an SA V10 I picked up. I love the V10, but it has issues that need to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you like your XD?

How do you like your XD?

I recently switched to an XD45 4" from an SA V10 I picked up. I love the V10, but it has issues that need to be fixed, so I won't use it to carry. A co- worker let me try his XD40 and I loved it, went the next day and picked up the XD45 for $489.00 new. I've shot Glocks and owned a HK usp9 and didn't like the feel, the XD has a more familliar 1911 feel to it. Plus, the 13+1 is a real important factor too!

2. Remove Ads

I love my XD-SC in 40. I just had Trijicon Night Sights put on it last week. It's a dream to carry in my K&D Dakota Defender and 10 rounds of .40 is pretty comforting.
    "I play for keeps."

Love my XD 45 Service model. I'll soon be purchasing a compact model of this gun for CCW. I'm all about my XD--great gun!!

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    I love it
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

My XD 9 service model is great, looking forward to purchasing a XD 9SC soom.
    Semper Fi

M2
    I've had my XD for two years and I still love it the same as I did the first day I brought it home!

If it weren't for my addiction to M1911s, I would own several XDs! Springfield makes some great handguns!

Cheers! M2

I really love my 4" XD-9, it has never failed me once
    ‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’

— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

How do you like your XD?
    Quite a bit, thank you very much.

Well, the XD ain't pretty. I've got two, XD9 Service and XD9SC. They maintain much of the geometry of my 1911, and wicked simple and solid. Playing IDPA with them has really built my confidence in the XD platform. I reckon you'll be happy with it.

The XD9SC was my first handgun and it never failed me. Unfortunately, one day I was at a local gunshop and held a S&W M&P in my hand; there was no turning back from there. While the M&P is my EDC, the XD will always hold a special place in my heart.

XDM

Have about 400 rounds thru my new XDM. Have to say that it ranks right at the top of all the handguns I've owned.
    Bob Westgate
    Mulberry,Florida

My XD-40 is my first handgun, and it's been excellent as a first firearm. I picked it out between a S&W M&P and a Glock model 37 (all three I tried out at a local range/gun shop). The Glock was damn good but not my favorite after I tried the other two. While I was more accurate with the M&P off the bat at the range, the XD-40 was the one that felt the best in my hand, which to me is more important, as hitting the bullseye (I am also into marksmanship and shooting sports for fun) is something you can practice up to.

Love my XD-45C 4" I've had Glocks and many others and sold them all. I'll never sell my XD!
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Love my XD45acp Service model. If I purchase another XD I will probably get either a .40SW or wait and see if they do a 10mm.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

How do you like your XD?
    Which one? I've got 3.

I really enjoy my XDs!
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links