NEXT Gun - Page 3

NEXT Gun

This is a discussion on NEXT Gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ExSoldier762 THIS is what I'm looking for: Model: 445CHB2C Caliber: .44 SPL Capacity: 5 Barrel Length: 2" Porting: Yes Action: DAO Finish: ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEXT Gun

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    THIS is what I'm looking for:
    Model: 445CHB2C
    Caliber: .44 SPL
    Capacity: 5
    Barrel Length: 2"
    Porting: Yes
    Action: DAO
    Finish: Blue
    Grips: Ribber
    Weight: 28 oz
    Construction: Steel
    Frame: Compact
    Front Sight: Fixed
    Rear Sight: Fixed
    Trigger Type: Smooth
    Length: 6-5/8''
    Width: 1.531"
    Height: 5.10"
    Rate of Twist: 1:18.75"
    Grooves: 5
    Safety: Transfer Bar
    UPC: 7-25327-34003-4
    Order #: 2-445121C
    MSRP: $375.00
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'll keep my eyes open for one for ya! How about one like the 415T 45 Long Colt.........or a 41 mag? I know they come in at regular times...........We had an Astra Terminator in 3 inch 44Mag (looked like a Smith M29) that was 225.00........Somebody snapped that one up REAL quiuck

Here's a great Article on the Taurus vs the Charter Arms Pug
    http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...08/ai_n8764146
    Last edited by CLASS3NH; December 28th, 2005 at 08:14 PM.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

For me, the next will either be some form of AK, or some form of FAL or HK clone, in a para configuration.

WHICH REMINDS ME - for you short-battle-gun folks, do you prefer side folders or underfolders? As I understand it, some underfolders may make things difficult if longer mags are used, but the side folders may be more rickety. Any advice would be most appreciated. (May I ask this here since, technically, a shorty AK, etc. might be considered a concealed carry gun? ?

Best,
    Jon
    "You may not know it, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dyin'."

Charles Travis Postlewaite, 1882

Assistant Administrator
    I tend to agree Jon re the ''rickety'' factor - side ones do seem less solid on lock up.

My fave was on my long departed Stirling - it was an under which located out of the way nicely against latch lug under handguard but when pulled out and deployed became solid as all you'd want. It was short and I had a wood block I fitted on the extend it.

That gun of course takes a side fitting 34 round mag on left so no probs. Damn I miss that gun. Gotta an old pic somewhere!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I tend to agree Jon re the ''rickety'' factor - side ones do seem less solid on lock up.

My fave was on my long departed Stirling - it was an under which located out of the way nicely against latch lug under handguard but when pulled out and deployed became solid as all you'd want. It was short and I had a wood block I fitted on the extend it.

That gun of course takes a side fitting 34 round mag on left so no probs. Damn I miss that gun. Gotta an old pic somewhere!

You're not alone on missin' long-departed firearms. I have my own list, over which I still kick myself. On it are a Colt Python, an M1A SuperMatch, and a Winchester M1D I got in the lottery through the DCM.

Best,
    Jon
    "You may not know it, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dyin'."

Charles Travis Postlewaite, 1882

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    CHANGE OF MIND!

Going to keep the USP full size, now. Already got a great holster in hand given to me by my beloved AND I have a good Blade Tech useful for IDPA that will be delivered in mid January. I carried it a bit already and it's not that bad. I like it. Grows on you. Also, I now only have to pay $750 instead of the original $800 because mine didn't come with the LEM trigger I wanted. Now, I can put that money towards the 44 snub.
    slight thread hijacking....

I've been quietly waiting to hear your review on the LEM trigger on the USP. Guess it was not in the cards. I have the HK P2000 S&W40 w/ LEM trigger and I think it is great. I like it so much that I am contemplating the USP fullsize 45 in LEM. I was just hoping to hear another review of the LEM trigger.

.. and now back to your regular posts.

Cool All or nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon
    for you short-battle-gun folks, do you prefer side folders or underfolders? As I understand it, some underfolders may make things difficult if longer mags are used, but the side folders may be more rickety. Any advice would be most appreciated.
    I have an original Mini-14 with the factory folding stock and it's great. However, the small stud to which the stock fastens on the forearm is a bit fragile. Overall, unless the weapon is being used to deliver a buttstroke, I wouldn't think either configuration is unduly "rickety." I myself prefer the collapsible butt of the M4/CAR-15 because you can adjust it to different lengths. With a side folder or underfolder it's an "all or nothing" deal.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Ya know the prices ive been seeing on Mini-14's is scary lately youd think they were outlawed

Assistant Administrator
    Haven't even checked on those Bud - so, what is a Mini-14 fetching then these days?

I still enjoy mine for fun - but maybe it's worth moving it on for something better.
    Chris - P95

I saw a used one at a shop i dont go to alot for 600$ today USED new doesnt seem much better local for the shops that carry it

Assistant Administrator
    $600 - holy moly - that's incredible.

I thought they were still usually around $450 or so. Wow!

Wonder what mine would make - seeing as it has odd bits added and spare tapped holes from a scope mount that didn't really work! In other words - good gun.. but lost a few pretty points!

Chris - P95

ill give ya 450 for it :)

Assistant Administrator
    Haha - well it still has some ''duty time'' left to go - if I feed it good homeloads or Fed Eagle etc it shoots pretty well (for a Mini!) and so will have some more shooting to do here yet.

If and when I sell, it'll be without scope but will leave on handguard and muzzle brake. In fact have seriously thought of putting this back to iron sights anyways for further use - scope really does not do a whole lot for a gun like this.
    Chris - P95

Cant imagine it would doesnt seem like a gun that should be scoped

Chris, right after I sold my AR-15 (a fabled "green gun") in 1994 I bought a Mini-14 w/factory folding stock, USED for $850. This was a 1970's era gun, but in mint condition. That was but ONE of the guns I bought with what was paid to me for that AR-15 with no welded sear block. I picked up four more besides that one.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    Sheesh - $850 used. Tho I guess folders did command more. If 70's then maybe it was similar vintage to my original.

IIRC my present one is a 185-xxxxx whereas my first (and favorite, back in UK) was a 182-xxxx or 181-xxxxx and had the integral hider on muzzle.

Musta been one heck of an AR you parted with!!
    Chris - P95

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links