NEXT Gun

NEXT Gun

This is a discussion on NEXT Gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've already settled on the H&K USP compact 45. Now I want this: Taurus M445 snubnose in .44SP. Anybody got a track record on this ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEXT Gun

Talking NEXT Gun

I've already settled on the H&K USP compact 45.

Now I want this:

Taurus M445 snubnose in .44SP. Anybody got a track record on this gun? Especially prices and reliability.
    It'll be a BUG or a pocket gun in hot weather.

Yup, I got big pockets.

Wearing the 5*11 Tactical pants almost exclusively, nowadays.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    Tend to think Ex this is where we need Class3NH to step up for an opinion. rfurtkamp too maybe.

AFAIK know tho - this is quite a good piece - but can't remember where I got that notion!!

Barrel? 2 1/2" is it or actual 2"? Love .44 spl - great and quite comfortable round
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

cant say much about it but look foward to see how you like the Hk compact

I'll check this thread again tomorrow evening when I get home from upstate Florida where we spent Christmas.

Going to bed now. Got a seven or eight hour trip in the morning.

I HATE to leave this cold crisp weather for the stinkin' stickyness of Miami....but that's the biz. Looking forward to retiring in five or six years, tho.

Hope everybody had a MERRY CHRISTMAS! And G'nite.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

All I have to tell you is Good Luck. Been digging for a while now for something like this and just finally tossed my hands up and said to heck with it.

That's when I bought the XD40 and I don't regret it. Maybe it's not exactly what I was looking for, but I'm happy with it nonetheless to my own surprise. If I want to play with .44 Special I have guns that'll shoot it no problem.

I may still find that elusive carry gun of my dreams in that almost forgotten chambering one day especially if Bud's little birdy turns out to be right, but I sleep better having given in to the modern trend for my defensive needs. It's just easier to seperate business and pleasure.

That said if I ever found one of these guns at a reasonable price or even not quite reasonable I'd buy it.

A check of the current Taurus site has about a dozen models. HOWEVER, none of them are currently in production. Wonder if any are still available?

I understand that they were offered for about 2 years and they stopped production.

It's one of those things everyone walked by while it was in the store and said "I'll get one eventually..."

You have to admit, .44 Special does not appeal to the general public.

Thats true euc 44 Sp doesnt appel to the General Public if you ask someone about it they usually start spouting off about the massive recoil and over peneration.

When you tell them imnot talking 44 Mag but Sp they look at you like you nuts and say never heard of it

Ex,

My brother pocket carried a Bulldog .44 special when he worked at a bank. His comment was that it gave him a warm fuzzy...he was head cashier. He reloaded for practice and carried factory ammo...the ammo is still fairly expensive. It IS an effective round though...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Administrator

New Taurus 44Mag Ultralite Titanium On Gunbroker

CLICK HERE

At only 28 Ounces...nice & light.
    Of course .44 Mag will handle 44 special also.

That thing looks hugeeee I mean Big QK

Talking

Taurus 415T and the 425T are Titainium............ Not sure about the 445 though.
    The prior 2 sold real quick in the store Used was about 385.00 to 425.00 both 5 shot ported BBls...........2.5 inch with fixed sights............kind of a bluish tint as I recall........VERY Lightweight........and highly conceilable..............grips were excellent.........fit and finsh excellent as well.............size is sort of in between a J Frame and K frame Smith ...
    New.....they sell for about 615.00 as I recall. maybe slightly less.
    pics are here on GA:
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976377406.htm
    VERY TIGHT GUNS ..BTW we have several S&W Scandium guns in 44spl as well at the store. People tend to shy away due the the size.........If it's a 44 you're after........why not go with the 44Mag Scandium?? more zip.......and you can shoot 44 spl too.. Looks just like the Taurus in the previous pic...
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Lead Moderator
    I see Charter Arms makes a .44 spl. with a 2" barrel. Don't know of the quality, but personally I don't trust Taurus to build a reliable gun.

Administrator

Big Gun?

Or is that female just real petite?

I sure would go with a S&W over a Taurus. That's probably just me though.
    I can't seem to get myself to trust Taurus either after having lived through their early production years of them building awful el~junque handguns...spotty, horrible, zilch quality firearms with the highest catastrophic failure rate ever seen in the firearms industry.
    You older shooters remember those days when buying Taurus was a total Crap~Shoot?
    You either got a decent one or...it fell apart or critical parts kept breaking...one after another.
    I'll never buy one because, I have a long memory.

Taurus is one of those companies much like Ford in my world view. It's not my first choice, but I at least try to look at their product offering when considering a purchase and weigh it objectively as I can.

So far I've never chosen a Taurus or a Ford.

However, some of their models with better "proven" (as such) track records interest me, and my aunt seems interested somewhat in a PT111. They may sell me a pistol yet.

I wonder, since I am a Taurus, if I were to drive a Taurus and shoot a Taurus, would I be full of bull?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links