Glock NY1

This is a discussion on Glock NY1 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have a picture or instructions that show how the NY1 spring is supposed to fit into the trigger housing? Mine just arrived and ...

Thread: Glock NY1

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar

Glock NY1

Does anyone have a picture or instructions that show how the NY1 spring is supposed to fit into the trigger housing? Mine just arrived and I am itching to go to the range and try it out, but I can't figure out how the dang thing is supposed to go in there. No matter how I try to put it in, it flops around, and I'm sure it's not supposed to do that...

2. Remove Ads

RamRod grasshoppa need help with his trigger fu ,it is weak
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Hrm. It has a little clip on one side which seems to quite naturally clip into the bottom of the housing. However, when I reassembled the gun in this way and tested it something seemed wrong: I pull the trigger and start to rack the slide back, and the firing pin protrudes continuously right up until the slide is about to seat fully forward again. Clearly I did something wrong...unless this is normal, which I doubt?

Edit: I found here http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936192 someone who says this is normal, and everything else checks out, so I guess I did it right after all. Time for a real test.
    Last edited by GWRedDragon; October 18th, 2008 at 05:04 PM.

Glockmeister Online - Tech Info

I hope this gives you everything you need. I love the internet! By the way. If you do a search for "Glockmiester Unofficial Glock Armorer's Manual, you'll come up with the whole kit and kaboodle in printable form, or save it to your desktop or documents for future review on most of the dis-assemblies/mods. It's actually Microsoft Word document form...says PDF? While it's not as good as the 'Official' form, it'll work in a pinch. Since your going to try out your gunsmithing skills at the range soon, I'd say this was sort of an emergency! Have fun, be safe.

Figure 1.
    Above is the stock coil trigger spring installed correctly (Figure 1.).

Figure 2.

Before installing the New York Trigger Spring, be sure that the connector fits tightly in the Trigger Mechanism Housing. If the Connector does not fit tightly - you will need to replace the Trigger Mechanism Housing to ensure a tight fit for the connector.

There are two New York Trigger Springs the Olive (about 8 pounds) and the Orange (about 11 pounds). Either spring should only be installed with the 3.5 pound Connector or the 5 pound Connector. DO NOT USE EITHER OF THE NY TRIGGER SPRINGS WITH THE 8 POUND CONNECTOR

Thanks! I did figure it out and it worked great :)
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

That's awesome! Anything to make a Glock infatuation turn into love, I'm all for it! With the simple powers invested in me, I now pronounce you and your Glock inseparable.
    By the way....what model did you install this in? Your EDC?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    That's awesome! Anything to make a Glock infatuation turn into love, I'm all for it! With the simple powers invested in me, I now pronounce you and your Glock inseparable.
    By the way....what model did you install this in? Your EDC?
    It will be, yes, my permit is still being processed. It is a G26.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Well, I just recently put a smooth trigger in my G27 that made a huge improvement for me. I may be a bit more conservative with age, but I can always learn and listen. Thing is that Glocks lend themselves rather well to user specific mods and are very modular. In my honest opinion, those who have never owned a Glock don't know what they are missing. You are now part of the evidence. "Glock perfection...why change it?" Next time you see the Glock bashers, you'll have more ammunition to defend your love!

I installed the NY1 trigger spring,and a G17 smooth trigger in my G26.
    Other than XS Big Dots these are the only mods I have done to this pistol,as its my EDC.

Nice pictures Ram Rod.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Links