Just back from the gun show!

This is a discussion on Just back from the gun show! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up my new G19! Can't wait to get to the range and try it out. I love Florida (moved from NY) picked up 2 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just back from the gun show!

Just back from the gun show!

Picked up my new G19! Can't wait to get to the range and try it out. I love Florida (moved from NY) picked up 2 more hi-cap Glock mags and 2 30round AR mags.

2. Remove Ads

All and all I would say a very successful day at the gun show.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

How much for the G-19 from a gun show?
    NY is a nice place to be from...

Gotta' love the GunShine State. I'm 2 hours north of you!

Stay armed......stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

hey man i was also just at this show!

It was way bigger than the lakeland show and went with a roommate who couldn't believe some of the stuff you could buy.

I can't believe how big shoot straight is, they are deffinately running the show...

i picked up a thunderwear pouch for 30 bucks and a spare mag for 40 (which i feel was probably overpriced)

You will enjoy your Glock 19 immensely, I know because I own one with 4 magazines. My son-in-law who is in the Navy purchased a Glock 23 .40 S&W. Now if we could just get NATO to adopt the .40 as the new standard pistol caliber, oh well just dreaming. 10mm NATO sounds cool though!
    God bless our troops!

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Lopadrino: I was at the Tampa gunshow today too........How did you like that line of people waiting to get in??? It took me about 20 minutes to get in @ 9:30 this morning. I think everyone is thinking that in the likely chance that Obama gets in, you may not see any more gunshows!!!!!

Congrats on the 19....it's a great gun! I got a set of Mepro night sights installed on my G-27.

I too think you will like the G19
    I've owned two in the past and loved them
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

I got there around 1 and there was no line. I could not believe they charged for parking (never do for concerts). I also could not believe the price on the 19... $489 cash. Of course the atm wasnt working so I had to use a card. All in all it was $523 out the door, plus I picked up a 50 count box of speer gold dot hp's for $22 bucks. Yes, shoot straight is UNREAL. Guy rolling around on those segways and did you see the amount of people at there table filling out purchase paperwork????????? Loved seeing lots of McCain and Palin shirts as well! Any one notice the Obama pictures near the AR's?? All in all great day..... I saw a pistol grip mossy 500 for $289 and a Century Waser for $429 but couldnt spend that much money.

I managed to make it to the Tampa show today also. It was 4:30 and was ready to leave anyway and someone hit the fire alarm and they cleared the building. As we were walking out they announced false alarm!

I admit the Glocks for the most part were priced ok. I unfortunatley was not there for a Glock and everything that I was looking for from ammo to another addition was pricey to say the least. I must have got there to late and all the good stuff was gone. A friend of mine had a table there and sold most all of his stuff early.

Shoot Straight did have a massive table. But like there store they are proud of there product. Very nice selection though!

I couldn't believe the prices for some of the handgun ammo. The same thing you can buy at Walley World was 3 to 6 bucks more there.

All in all glad I went.

Steve

I've enjoyed reading the 'exuberance' all of you have for the gun show you attended!! That's the way all of America should feel about our 2nd Amendment rights.
    Sadly, we're facing a real threat to those rights and the threat gets stronger every election cycle!! I sincerely hope we all are able to celebrate great gun shows in our future!!!
    If not, I fear there will be one heck of a rebellion from everyone that was 'standing in line' to get into your show!!!
    "Courage is being scared to death ...... but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

I went to the Tampa Gun Show also. I will say that the prices were o.k.. It seemed that shows prior offered better pricing. I took the G27 to get an add-on installed, and I had 7 people walk-up to me asking to buy my pistol. Needless to say, next time I take it; it will be in a bag. I did find some Federal HST in a box of 50 for $24 so I got an o.k deal on that. I do not like Shoot Straight, but it was amazing the crowd they draw. They are definitely a bit arrogant though..
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Only in America...Freedom to openly own firearms, freedom to spend a Saturday dreaming and drooling over the next pony in the stable, freedom to hang with others of like mind. Get out and bring in all your buds and lasses to the polls. You guys and gals living in the swing states with lots of Electoral College delegates will be the key to either BO having the opportunity steal our freedoms or McCain/Palin being able to block the liberal majority in both houses of congress. This is a time to gather all your strength and let your preferences be known at the ballot box.

I was at the Tampa Gun Show yesterday. Picked up a Glock 29 from Shoot Straight. Also found some inexpensive range ammo from Georgia Arms.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Way to go

Welcome to the Glock Club!! AND YES NEW YORK IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE FROM!!! I where my "New Yorker" status WITH PRIDE!!! Good Luck finding pizza and a bagel(NEVER a bialy)down south!! They are however,LIGHT YEARS ahead in the exercise of our 2nd Amendment rights!! Enjoy the pistol !!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Sorry that's .."WEAR" not "where". I'm a GOOD SPELLER, REALLY!! Just a bad typist!!!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links