Bersa 380cc & Glock G36 :smile:

This is a discussion on Bersa 380cc & Glock G36 :smile: within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got two new guns today A Bersa 380cc and a Glock36 . I traded two long guns and $100.00 for them I was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bersa 380cc & Glock G36 :smile:

I just got two new guns today
    A Bersa 380cc and a Glock36 .
    I traded two long guns and $100.00 for them
    I was not shooting the long guns as I like handguns better
    A little voice in my head said ,hey get some new carry guns
    I cleaned them up and was just thinking sense I've never owned
    a Bersa I would ask you guys how they like to be shot,
    wet or dry? And what brand of lube you put on yours?
    I will give you a range report after I shoot them.
    Thanks
    Last edited by ASSA9; October 18th, 2008 at 11:44 PM.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Good idea, especially given the fact that in the case of new anti-gun legislation under Obama handguns would probably be the first target.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    Good idea, especially given the fact that in the case of new anti-gun legislation under Obama handguns would probably be the first target.
    I have to say that did cross my mind
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

You're gonna' like that Glock-36!
    I have one for my Harley rides...just got back from church and the wife, the Glock, and I all went together. Tucked IWB/SOB...never knew it was there.
    A smooth shooter, nice grip (not like a brick), and easy to conceal...a dependable sidearm.

Stay armed...enjoy the G-36...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've owned 2 Bersa Thunder .380s. I loved both of them.

Neither of them ever had any sort of problem. Fired 100% of the time and fired accurately too. They were comfortable to carry and easy to conceal.

The only downfall is that its a smaller round, but if you place your shots right a .380 is great.

I loved both my Bersas, and I regret getting rid of them. You will love yours.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

You will be glad you got your handguns now, depending on the Presidential election, I look for anti handgun legislation to appear quickly!
    God bless our troops!

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Best thing I've ever found for use on my autos besides just plain CLP is a Gun lube called "ProGold. I think it's made by a company called Pro-Shot Products out of Taylorville, Il. I bought my jar in a gun shop. 1 2oz jar will last a VERY long time.

I have a Bersa .380. Basically took it out of the box and shot, no FTFs, etc. However, having said that, I have seen some of same gun at different shop that was swimming in oil... just reporting my experience. Evidently, mine was wiped down before being sold... not true everywhere, I guess... I think its a reliable gun for not much money, can't ask for much more! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by crzy4guns View Post
    You will be glad you got your handguns now, depending on the Presidential election, I look for anti handgun legislation to appear quickly!
    There was a recent Obama commercial, featuring a man who's an NRA member. He's talking about how he supports Obama, and then there's a voice-over from Mr. Obama himself, saying how he supports the second amendment and our right to self-defense (there are some thinly veiled caveats though). I wonder if this could end up like the "read my lips" from Bush 41 back before the '92 election?

Regarding the Bersa, I did have one malfunction with the magazine disconnect safety. However, it has not happened again. I do think it's a great gun for the money.
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

Quote Originally Posted by mantis View Post
    I have a Bersa .380. Basically took it out of the box and shot, no FTFs, etc. However, having said that, I have seen some of same gun at different shop that was swimming in oil... just reporting my experience. Evidently, mine was wiped down before being sold... not true everywhere, I guess... I think its a reliable gun for not much money, can't ask for much more! Enjoy!
    I believe they all come with that oil straight out of the box. I know mine did, but the salesman wiped it down thoroughly before letting me inspect. Maybe they wiped yours. One word of warning for the O.P. on your Bersa. If you opted for the nickel finish, do not use Hoppe's #9, as it will corrode your nickel.
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

Congrats on your new handguns. Both should serve you well!

Bersa come with a protective coating Its not oil. They need to be cleaned and oiled before shooting. CC model is a fine carry pistol. Factory say not to use and other mag except the CC 8 round mag Thunder will fit but has showned by my testing and test of my board members to not be relieable.
    On bersatalk.com we will help you get correct factory mags and a good holster
    Members of BT also get a 10% discount on factory mags from our source.
    Come visit and join if a Bersa owner place to be.

USE ONLY FACTORY MAGS PRO MAGS HAVE PROVEN TO BE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE.
    Bersa and only Bersa makes their mags No matter what your told Bersa buys no mags from out side source.
    1990, 1992 Colt Mustang 1941 Colt USGI 1951 Colt Commander 9MM
    1972 Colt Combat Commander 1994,1997 Colt Officer ACPs 2001 Colt LTW Commander 2005 Colt Defender 2007 Dan Wesson
    early Detonics come visit http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com or www.bersachat.com

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I never found anything that my Bersa didn't like to shoot. It ate every single round I gave it.

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Both wife and I have the Bersa Thunder. Great guns. Go to Bersa talk for any information-a great site.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arverni View Post
    I believe they all come with that oil straight out of the box. I know mine did, but the salesman wiped it down thoroughly before letting me inspect. Maybe they wiped yours. One word of warning for the O.P. on your Bersa. If you opted for the nickel finish, do not use Hoppe's #9, as it will corrode your nickel.
    Thank you ,even though I got the all black one ,that is still
    good info for the readers of this post.
    As another member says on his signature, "All my guns
    are black and evil"
    I did clean off all the shipping oil and used Break Free on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links