My Walther PPK

This is a discussion on My Walther PPK within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This used to belong to my grandfather who passed away a few years ago, and was given to me by my father after I turned ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Walther PPK

My Walther PPK

This used to belong to my grandfather who passed away a few years ago, and was given to me by my father after I turned 21 and got my CCL. I had an ankle holster for it that worked great but I can't find the damn thing. So now I either keep it in my coat poket or I use an uncle mike's OWB holster. Its a great little gun though.

Last edited by JD; October 20th, 2008 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Resized photo.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    First - welcome to the Forum! Very nice! Yours is German, right? If so, you shouldn't have any problems with it. The newer ones made by S&W under the Walther logo have been nothing but problems for many. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a new holster.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

No, mine is an Interarms copy which was made here in the states. When I was taking my firearms safety course I told the instructor about it and he said that the intearms were a PITA and would have tons of feeding and extrication problems etc..

It is a little finicky but I have put a few hundred rounds through it and the only time it ever jammed was when I tried to rapid fire it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan81986 View Post
    No, mine is an Interarms copy which was made here in the states. When I was taking my firearms safety course I told the instructor about it and he said that the intearms were a PITA and would have tons of feeding and extrication problems etc..

It is a little finicky but I have put a few hundred rounds through it and the only time it ever jammed was when I tried to rapid fire it.
    Such as a self defense situation??

Welcome to the forums!
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

No, not a steady fire. Like trying to empty the clip in a second or two.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    First - welcome to the Forum! Very nice! Yours is German, right? If so, you shouldn't have any problems with it. The newer ones made by S&W under the Walther logo have been nothing but problems for many. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a new holster.
    True words...I had the S&W brand....
    The slide was bad from the start. S&W agreed to actually melt it down and redo the same weapon using the same serial numbers...had a letter to show what they did. The dealer who had this done for me, sold it ASAP...it was at that time (back from the factory) a nib weapon...I wanted no part of it.

For holsters, go to the 'Related Links' above...find Holsters...search out Fist...your sidearm is on their list. You'll have a quality holster in 3-5 weeks.
    I have ordered dozens of holsters from them and they are extremely dependable.

You are lucky to have such a nice momento from your grandfather.

Stay armed...Walther style...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

ppk

i have put several hundred rounds through mine. shame on me i aint cleaned it yet. no failures either

VIP Member
    I bought a NIB S&W over a year ago. It's accurate and reliable.....maybe I'm lucky? They are thin !

Despite my member name I don't carry it any much anymore, maybe I ought to be LCPheat. I pocket carry the LCP mostly these days, though when I leave my home, I ramp up to something different like a Defender, Sig 239, or G-27.

Speaking of Walther's I just bought a PPS and fired it for the first time today. I intend to post my remarks on another thread.

Enough ramblings for me, back on subject and congratulations on the PPK. It's definitely a keepsake for you !
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I carried my Interarms PPK .380 for many years. In fact it was my 1st CCW.It has fired countless rounds with never a stoppage. When the Kahr MK9 came out I compared it to the Walther and it is the exact same size. My thinking was why carry a 380 when you can carry a 9mm in the same size package. The walther has since been retired to the safe for several years now, but if the Kahr needs to be repaired or whatever I would not hesitate to put the PPK back in service.
    Why do I carry a Gun? Because I can't carry a Cop

Great guns and a terrific heirloom...carries the spirit of your Grandfather. Never sell that....you can't put a price on it!

I wouldn't feel underarmed with a PPK...a .380 is just a short 9mm after all.

Welcome to the forum.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I bought a new PPK in .380 just this fall. It has proven quite reliable so far; I have put approximately 600 rounds through it with no failures. Time will of course tell, but for now it seems great.

Perhaps they managed to fix the problems people had been having?

It could also be that I am very picky about cleaning. I clean completely after every trip to the range. A clean firearm is a reliable firearm.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Distinguished Member
    I loved my PPK but it would FTF occasionally. If I kept good ammo in it it would do fine - most of the time. Couldn't take the "what-if's" any longer and sold it. Got a Bersa Thunder Plus. Life is good.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

One of my worst mistakes was selling mine back in 1980. Great pistol. I carried it for business and had a Bianchi " C " clip shoulder rig that held the gun by the slide and left the rest of it open for a positive pull. If Bianchi still made the holster I would get one for the small semi's I own now. (maybe even get another PPK !!!

bosco

I've tried using an IWB holster with mine but its just not comfortable. But the good thing is you can use an OWB holster and be perfectly fine, even with just a t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    The newer ones made by S&W under the Walther logo have been nothing but problems for many.
    A couple of years ago I bought a brand new S&W produced PPK. Due to various issues with it, I had to return it to S&W three times and it still never worked properly. They replaced it with a new pistol but by then I was so fed up with S&W that I sold it at a loss just to get rid of it.
    U.S. Air Force Veteran
    ISRA Member
    NRA Member
    Smith & Wesson Collectors Association Member #2262

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links