My Partner: Dan Wesson / CZ Pointman 7 - Stainless .45 - Page 2

My Partner: Dan Wesson / CZ Pointman 7 - Stainless .45

This is a discussion on My Partner: Dan Wesson / CZ Pointman 7 - Stainless .45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bud White Ahh i see it now Cz in the Serial # i thought you meant they were Roll marking the Slide ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Ahh i see it now Cz in the Serial # i thought you meant they were Roll marking the Slide that way

And i did say on the Slides no the Frame
    Ah, yes I see that. Frames that is! I just thought everyone knew what was in my head and what I was thinking!
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Sorry no mind reading this week

Catch my Act in vegas next week

Thanks for the welcome and kind words guys. I think I'm going to like it around here, lots of great info.

Yes, the CZ in the serial number is the only trace I've seen of CZ, other than that, pure DW. In fact if you call CZ and ask about these guns, they'll give you DW's phone number and tell you to call them.

The CZ models seem to have a few more features than the pre-CZ DW's did, like the beveled mag well.

Will post a range report as soon as I get the chance. Taking my CCW course Saturday!
    *** IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, DIAL - 1911 ***

Dan Wesson / CZ: Pointman 7, Stainless .45 ACP
    LaserMax, Carbon Fiber Ultra-thin Grips, Milt Sparks VM2, Milt Sparks 1.5" Tapered Gun Belt, Nickel Buckle, Galco Dual Magazine Carrier

Charles Daly: Field Hunter VR-MC, Semi-Auto 12g

Trade Sniper, are you considering conceal carrying the Pointman?

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

Yep.

LaserMax, Carbon Fiber Ultra-thin Grips, Milt Sparks VM2, Milt Sparks 1.5" Tapered Gun Belt, Nickel Buckle, Galco Dual Magazine Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by Trade_Sniper
    Yep.
    Why the Pointman for a CCW? it is to me a range gun! a shooter!!!! adjstable Bo mar target site's on a carry gun? not me brother. I would have gone for the DW CBOB for that purpose or put some extreme duty adjustable Novak night sites on it.

I would also mention that I would get a very good holster and belt too, like say a Brommeland Max-Con V or or another high end holster and belt combo for it.

Ti.

The only downside (that I'm aware of) to an adjustable sight is the possibility of snagging. Unfortunately, no one makes a setup to convert from Bo-mar cut adjustable sights, back to fixed, low-mount, combat sights. So, I'm going to have a custom rear sight made, that will still be adjustable, but will be shaped and beveled like a Novak, and with tritium inserts.

So they will be similar to the new Novak Extreme Duty night sights, but for a Bo-mar cut. The Extreme Duty Novaks won't fit a Bo-mar cut. That amazes me, that Novak doesn't make a 'cross-over' type sight, one of their sights, that will fit a Bo-mar cut. Heaven forbid they attact a new customer, converting from another competing brand. Champion makes several of their normal Bo-mar type adjustables, and they are now making some Novak looking adjustable sights...but those only fit a Novak cut? So why not just buy the Novak Adjustables? Why don't they make an adjustable sight, that looks like a Novak, but fits a Bo-mar?

So, I'm left to make a custom setup. But the end result will be very similar to the Novaks, eliminating the snagging possibility, with the benefits of adjustability and tritium inserts. Best of both worlds...

Isn't the CBOB a 4.25" barrel? Or something shorter than a 5"? I wanted a full size.

I have talked to several people who 'carry' guns with adjustable sights though, without issues. But I'd prefer to have a sight shaped like a Novak though, just to reduce the snagging possibility.

I'll be using a Milt Sparks Versa-Max II for a holster, don't know which belt yet. Will also have a LaserMax internal laser sight.

Trade Sniper,

You are correct on all account's! I understand the frustration your are talking about with finding site's. Try calling Yost/Bonitz for their custom sites http://www.yost-bonitz.com/products/prosights/ they don't mention fitting a Bo-mar cut but they can fit it without a doubt I am sure! not sure if they offer adjustable either but you can ask. Just an option to check out.

Sites are personal preferance really, I just prefer night sites when carrying and for just as you said the "snag" potential with the adjustable range sites. I tried it, didn't work for me.

Give Yo/Bo a call and see what they say!

Ti.

Trade Sniper,

I also wanted to pass this DW review on to you also, not sure if you've check it out yet or not. Alot of very good info, range reports and statistics.

It is the DW Patriot Expert but is very close to a Pointman.

http://www.1911forum.com/dw_001_01.shtml

Note: there is 4 pages of review and can be changed at the bottom right of page.

Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    ...and hopefully that merger will produce a CZ-75 type caliber 10mm.

Yes, Tanfoglio CZ clones (and I guess so where Bren Ten's) are precisely that, but I would like to see the slide stamped "CZ" this time around.
    +1
    I'd buy one.

Thanks Ti. I'll check out Yost/Bonitz.

I just read that review, sounds very good to me, he didn't even clean it before shooting it the first time. From what I've read about these guns and the hours I've held it in my hands, inspecting and admiring it, I can tell its a fine 1911. The fit and finish are outstanding. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet, but plan to put a couple hundred through it Saturday after my CCW course.

As far as differences between the one he reviewed (Patriot) and mine, mine has an internal extractor, a one piece, stainless full-lentgth guide rod instead of a two-piece, and most of my 'aftermarket' parts are Ed Brown instead of the McCormick units used on that Patriot. My grip screws are allen-head type and the factory magazine is a 7-rounder.

I'm with you, I prefer the night sights also since statistically it seems that if the SHTF it will most likely be at night. I want to try and get some white rings around the tritium inserts to aid in daylight shooting also.

I just really like this gun and don't want to pick something else just because of the sights.

Right on TS, I am all for getting what you want, what you like and what you are comfortable with and it sounds as if you have done just that. You are right that the Pointman is a step up from the Patriot but your average shooter would never know it behind the trigger. I guess the point was the Patriot review came out so good that the Pointman should be even better.

Do check out Yo/Bo for sites, I will bet they can hook you up or guide you in the right direction to get what you want.

Ti.

Cool Range Report: Excellent!

I was scheduled to take my CCW course Saturday, so Friday evening I cleaned the gun as I had never had it apart.

My son went with me to the course, sat in the lobby/lounge/showroom during the course and played his PSP. I took my CCW course, but instead of going to eat during the lunch break, I stayed and my son and I shot. He rented a glock, don't remember the model, it was a full size 9mm. He picks different guns every time he goes, usually 9mm, he just turned 12 a few days ago.

I figured this would at least let me pump a few rounds through it, check the sights, etc., before I took my qualification shots. I shot four 7-round clips of WWB FMJ through it, flawless. It was shooting a little low, 3 clicks up on the adjustable sights fixed it.

My turn to shoot came immediately after the lunch break, 50 more rounds, ten 5-round clips.

After the class, my son rented a different gun, a full size stainless Springfield 1911, possibly a 'loaded', also a 9mm, and we shot some more. In total, I shot 200 WWB FMJ's, and then 50 WWB JHP's through it. It was outstanding, not a single problem, shot like a dream. I LOVE this gun!

Glad it worked for ya really cool your son is getting into shoot a lot to my boy likes to shoot the tupperware in 9mm so far

Yes, my son is a big reason I got into this. He's played counter-strike (video game) for a while now and has always been fascinated by guns. I knew this would be something we could enjoy together, so he always goes with me to the range and we go to gun shows together. Once I learn to re-load and he gets a little older, he'll probably help me with that too.

We're not sure what we'll pick for his first handgun, thats why he trys a different gun each time we go to the range. It would be cool if we could compete together. He's shot a Remingon .22, two different 1911's in 9mm, an H&K USP 9mm and a Glock 9mm. He wants to try a Beretta, but hasn't gotten to shoot one yet, the range doesn't have any of those for rental. I don't care for them, but its not for me. But I think 1911's are his favorite (he's a pretty smart boy!). Now he thinks daddy should have an AR-15. ;)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links