Anyone have the XDM-9? (Now shipping)

This is a discussion on Anyone have the XDM-9? (Now shipping) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; thoughts ? price ?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have the XDM-9? (Now shipping)

thoughts ? price ?

I've been hearing that it will be mid-november until any distributors will have them for distribution to the dealers. I would bet the price will be similar to the .40sw XDm at $550 to $650 for SS.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

If you want to hear what people are saying you could go to XDtalk.com I've heard lots of great things about the gun and would consider to add it to start my collection if i had money. I'd probably just get it in .40 though.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Just wish they speed up production on the 45

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    There is a thread on XDtalk from a guy who just picked his XDm-9 up from his dealer. They are arriving in shops now. Capacity is 19+1. Sounds good to me, though I don't think I would use one as an EDC. The XDm's are large for conceal purposes.
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I have seen ad's for the XD-M, what is the difference between the XD and the M series?

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    I have seen ad's for the XD-M, what is the difference between the XD and the M series?
    just for some basics it's got a match grade barrel, different palm swells, the grip is a little different among other things. Very nice weapon, but I don't know if I'd pay the difference between my XD and that one. But very very nice.

Check out Springfield Armory and you can see all their stuff for it.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalexplr View Post
    ,,,Capacity is 19+1. Sounds good to me, ....
    I don't get the whoop on this; I mean, my SC 9 does 16+1; it's not like some quantum leap.

- OS

CDH
    Quote Originally Posted by OhShoot View Post
    I don't get the whoop on this; I mean, my SC 9 does 16+1; it's not like some quantum leap.

- OS
    Same here. I've got both an SC9 and a .45/4", and the "M" models don't make me want to run out and sell my original XD's.

In fact, if Obama wins and we see all the anti-gun legislation that would result from a total Democrat control of all three branches, I'm going to immediately add an XD9 4" Service to the collection (because high capacity pistols will be outlawed), and I'm not enticed to buy the "M" model even then.
    I'll stay with the "plain 'ol" XD series.

Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    Same here. I've got both an SC9 and a .45/4", and the "M" models don't make me want to run out and sell my original XD's.

In fact, if Obama wins and we see all the anti-gun legislation that would result from a total Democrat control of all three branches, I'm going to immediately add an XD9 4" Service to the collection (because high capacity pistols will be outlawed), and I'm not enticed to buy the "M" model even then.
    I'll stay with the "plain 'ol" XD series.
    You know, a lot has been said about "If Obama Wins" but truthfully, there are a lot of very important issues wrong in this country now and require immediate attention that it would take some time for him to change gun laws and outlaw certain weapons. Thats just me. I'm worried more about my retirement and my job security, my 401K among other things.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I can't be the only one that is not willing to pay between 600 and 700 dollars for an XD pistol. Sure you get interchangeable back straps, "match grade" barrel, and essentially a dressed up XD. The original XD9 holds 15+1, so you would hold four less rounds than the new XDM-9, which isn't a big deal IMO.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Finally someone with some sense. I'm so sick of the paranoia...

Quote Originally Posted by cop2b View Post
    You know, a lot has been said about "If Obama Wins" but truthfully, there are a lot of very important issues wrong in this country now and require immediate attention that it would take some time for him to change gun laws and outlaw certain weapons. Thats just me. I'm worried more about my retirement and my job security, my 401K among other things.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

CDH
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    Finally someone with some sense. I'm so sick of the paranoia...
    Come back and we'll talk about this again in about six months.
    A super majority in both houses plus the presidency, all stocked with the most Left of the Left and all the agendas they bring, and it won't take long for you to worry a lot more about just a 401K or even having a job.
    This country just may get the government they deserve.

Which begs the question: "Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?"

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Sheer absurdity. You do realize we've had democrats in power before right? The world will not end. I'm off to more logical conversations. Have fun.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

CDH
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    Sheer absurdity. You do realize we've had democrats in power before right? The world will not end. I'm off to more logical conversations. Have fun.
    Was that your feeling when you voted for Clinton... and the resulting Assault Weapon's Ban?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links