Internal laser sights, good or bad?? - Page 2

Internal laser sights, good or bad??

This is a discussion on Internal laser sights, good or bad?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hehe - That solves your avatar mystery Robert!! All this time when I glanced at it - I had thoughts of it being a well ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Assistant Administrator
    Hehe - That solves your avatar mystery Robert!! All this time when I glanced at it - I had thoughts of it being a well shot-up hard drive

Of course, compared with ''real thing'' - it is not like a hard drive at all LOL! This old W Digital was ''Contendered'' at 100 yds

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hehe - That solves your avatar mystery Robert!! All this time when I glanced at it - I had thoughts of it being a well shot-up hard drive

It has crossed my mind more than once!
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

I have the Lasermax unit in both a Glock Model 23 and a Model 30. The laser in the 23 is much brighter with a bigger dot and I like it a lot better that the much smaller dot from the Model 30 unit. I talked with Lasermax direct about the difference between the two, they said the laser for the Model 30 had to be smaller because the 30 was a smaller frame gun, therefore the dot would be smaller.

Never had a problem with batteries, I keep a spare set for each just in case.

I am now looking at the CT for my S&W model 686 and also for my Airweight Model 637. Should have one soon to check out.

I have used a lasermaxed G19 and a CTed 1911 enough to know that if I decide to put a lasersight on something, it will be made by CT.

The lasermax seemed dim, the batteries were new. The pulsating dot was annoying, when I could see it. I didnt like the switch, it kept coming on accidently when holstering.

The only think I hate about the CT grips is that they prevent the use of my carry holsters, Milt Sparts SS-IIs. If not for that, I may have a set on my carry guns.

I am ready to add a laser to my Glock 23 and have done quite a bit of research on both the LaserMax and the CT. Both have features that I like, both have some that makes me hesitate in deciding between the two. I've found some informative post on both and was glad to use them. What I have NO use for is post by people who have no actual hands-on experience with them. Although I respect the opinions of those who do not like the idea of a laser sight, my decision to add one to my Glock has already been made.

For me, what it comes down to, is the fact that the CT model for the G23 is not yet available. I did find a web site that list them as being "in stock," but my local gun shop called CT for availabiltiy and they were told that it would be "mid-January, maybe mid-Feb."

If the CT model was available today, I'd still be wondering which to buy. What would decide for me would be a side-by-side, hands-on comparison.

Failing that, I'll probably go with what is available.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Addendum:

Just found out that the CT for my G23 IS available, on-line!

Now I'm back to square-one! I don't have the advantage of trying both, side-by-side, and both are available.

I seem to be suffering from "paralysis by analysis!"

mm

I got over it, and just ordered the LG-619 from Nightvision Sales.

Contrary to post on "GlockTalk," and my local gun shop, they have the CT for my G23 instock and currently offer free shipping!

mm

I'm pretty sure Lasermax has a good rep, but I disagree(my own personnal opinion) with any aiming system that I mounted on/near/or part of moving parts of a firarms(ie; replacing recoil rod with the aiming device)! I figure eventually the zero will change(again, my own personnal opinion)!
    I always see aiming devices mounted on mounts attached to the frame or FIXED barrels, I never see aiming devices mounted on the slides(with the exception of the Optima 2000 and variants) or other moving parts!

I have CT's on my J-Frame!
    Every LE agency should equip their officers with CT grips!
    Train how you Fight
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!
    "Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing." Murphy's Combat Law

The deciding factor that lead me to order the CT laser was my doubts about the Lasermax's "on-switch" location. I've no doubt that I could train myself to switch the laser on during the draw, but getting the CT laser switched on requires only a good grip on the weapon.

While trying out the CT mounted on a training gun at a shop, I found that I had no problem slightly shifting my grip to keep the laser off, either. I can see where that might come in handy.

But the model at the store had the switch on on side of the grip, the model for the G23 is located on the back, up near the top, so it will be a little different.

The other deciding factors were the higher powered laser in the CT (meaning brighter dot, easier to see,) and a longer battery life.

I really don't think that one could go wrong with either the CT or the LaserMax, personally. Both work and work well. And both allow you to avoid hanging the laser on the rails, complicating your holster choice.

From what I've seen on this Forum, it doesn't look like you'd have much problem selling either of them and getting most of your money back, should it not work out for you. But I seriously doubt I'll find myself in that position.

mm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links