Kahr trigger

Kahr trigger

This is a discussion on Kahr trigger within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just purchased a CW9 and I love the concealability of it. My only complaint is the trigger seems ridiculously long. Is there any way ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr trigger

Kahr trigger

I just purchased a CW9 and I love the concealability of it. My only complaint is the trigger seems ridiculously long. Is there any way to shorten the trigger pull? I have another striker fired pistol that is an M&P and the trigger pull is not nearly as long. I am thinking maybe more practice may be the best option but it does seem unusually long.
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

Don't fix what ain't broke.

The Kahrs have a longer trigger pull but one of the smoothest out there on DAO pistols. I originally thought the CW9 trigger was too long but I have around 800 rounds through mine and the trigger is not an issue anymore. They are defensive pistols and not match grade target pistols.

Talking KAHR Triggers

The KAHR triggers are long but no more so than a S&W wheelie and they sure are smooth. I have three , a CW9, a K9 and a K40. Found some good deals a while back. Once I had gotten through the breakin periods I found that the length of pull did not bother me at all. Admitly it take a little getting used to when I carry my 1911's out for a little range time

EW3
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerbyron View Post
    I just purchased a CW9 and I love the concealability of it. My only complaint is the trigger seems ridiculously long. Is there any way to shorten the trigger pull? I have another striker fired pistol that is an M&P and the trigger pull is not nearly as long. I am thinking maybe more practice may be the best option but it does seem unusually long.
    No, you can't shorten it and why would you? The long trigger pull is the safety on this gun. Just practice a lot and get used to it.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by detroit9mm View Post
    The Kahrs have a longer trigger pull but one of the smoothest out there on DAO pistols. I originally thought the CW9 trigger was too long but I have around 800 rounds through mine and the trigger is not an issue anymore. They are defensive pistols and not match grade target pistols.
    Pull the trigger on a dak sig..then you will understand smooth. While not horrible, there are much better triggers out there.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    What he said.

Biker

My Cobra Patriot .45 has quite possibly the longest and hardest trigger pulls on any of my guns. I think the triggers on my 3 Kahrs are just fine. But if you insist on smoothing it out even more, I think Cylinder and Slide do an action job on Kahrs.

Dry fire...dry fire...range time...dry fire ...dry fire ...range time...

Quote Originally Posted by farmerbyron View Post
    That doesn't seem right. Did you mean:

I just purchased a CW9 and I love the concealability of it. My only complaint is the trigger seems ridiculously smooth. Is there any way to roughen up the trigger pull? I have another striker fired pistol that is an M&P and the trigger pull is not nearly as smooth. I am thinking maybe more practice may be the best option but it does seem unusually smooth.

Welcome to the land of absurdly smooth triggers. Practice. Practice. Practice. Before long your other weapons will feel like there's sand and grit in the trigger assembly as you pull them. This is normal.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

i have a kahr cw9 and had to get used to the trigger pull since it differs from the XD's that i have. it's one of the smoothest DAO trigger pulls out there though. i'd definitely try to get used to it before you try changing it.

If you think the CW9 has a long pull, try a Sig DAK. I have both and really like them, but the DAK is a little long compared to the Kahr. Very close though...
    Kahr K9
    Sig P239 9mm DAK
    Sig P229 .40 SAS GenII
    Sig P250 9mm

Agreed. You will get used to that trigger. Don't mess with it IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post

If you think the CW9 has a long pull, try a Kel-Tec P11! The CW9 feels like a sharp knife slicing through hot butter compared to the Kel-Tec! Although I pretty well mastered the P11, it has been sold once I discovered the Kahr.

I have a PM9. It is fairly new for me and I also have some problems with the long trigger pull. For me, the problem really is not the length of pull, but more that I would like the trigger to be about .25" further forward . I plan to add a temporary shoe to the trigger to see if that helps me.
    My guess is my trigger finger looses strength to make the pull as the trigger nears the breaking point.
    By the way, this pistol has not hiccuped yet although I have only about 200 rouinds through it.
    Best wishes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links