My next gun will be a CZ

My next gun will be a CZ

This is a discussion on My next gun will be a CZ within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just not sure which one yet. I'm torn between the all steel 75 Compact and the 75 D PCR. I love the weight and feel ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My next gun will be a CZ

Just not sure which one yet. I'm torn between the all steel 75 Compact and the 75 D PCR. I love the weight and feel of all steel, but also am very comfortable with the D model controls [have a CZ-40P]. I do not want a rail, so the other models are out. Tell me why you love your PCR and why you would choose it over the regular all steel 75 Compact for general use and occasional carry.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Howdy, I have the regular 9mm gun in stainless. Sorry I am off topic but, the quality and price of CZ was what drove me to get it. Highly under-rated.

VIP Member
    I have both a compact and a P-01. The difference between the P-01 and PCR being the rails. The PCR weighs a little less 1.7# vs 2.1# for the compact. I believe the grip is also a hair longer on the PCR. Either one will work well for you. If you are going to use it as a primary carry gun I'd get the PCR, for range gun I'd go with the compact.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
    Howdy, I have the regular 9mm gun in stainless. Sorry I am off topic but, the quality and price of CZ was what drove me to get it. Highly under-rated.
    Actually CZ does not make the Compact in SS, I believe what you have is satin nickel like mine.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Many years ago, when Jeff Cooper voiced his opinion that the CZ 75 platform was his favorite of the new-fangled, hi-cap, "Wonder Nines" they were hard to find & relatively expensive to buy. We should consider ourselves lucky that, not only are modern CZs premium quality handguns, but that their prices have made them an even BETTER value. Great guns by ANY measure!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Congratulations on your choice for your next pistol. They get my vote. They are like potato chips you can't stop with just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    Just not sure which one yet. I'm torn between the all steel 75 Compact and the 75 D PCR. I love the weight and feel of all steel, but also am very comfortable with the D model controls [have a CZ-40P]. I do not want a rail, so the other models are out. Tell me why you love your PCR and why you would choose it over the regular all steel 75 Compact for general use and occasional carry.
    The feel of the steel...kind of has a ring to it.
    Well, it sounds like you have it narrowed down.

Good luck...have fun picking...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Smart move, its hard to go wrong with a CZ product.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I own the compact in satin nickel and have been completely satisfied with it. I actually carry the CZ more often than my 1911 now a days.

CZ P-01 9mm, here. It's got a forged alum. frame and steel slide. At 28oz unloaded and 14rd magazines, it's a full 9mm in a reasonable size. By no means a compact, it handles wonderfully well. It's accurate and reliable. A strongly recommend this one. Same, great feel, but in a somewhat lighter package.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Not to "Hijack" your thread, but my wife's "first" of hopefully many guns will be a CZ.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Biker

Our bedroom gun is a CZ75. IMHO they are the most underrated handgun in the world.

Actually, from those who "KNOW", the CZ75 is very highly regarded. So are most CZ (center & rimfire rifle, shotgun) products. They just have never gotten the six page write-ups in the glossy gun rags. Brothers, my shooting buddies & I put (all) our gun purchases through the gantlet of extreme performance in severe conditions. I've NEVER seen a CZ...lay down.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Do you guys know if the steel 75c has a hammer forged barrel? I'm fairly certain the PCR does. Also, anybody deal with Impact Guns - they are running a CZ 10% off sale.

Biker, which one is she thinking of getting?
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

VIP Member
    75 Compact and PCR both have forged barrels. From the CZ website :

The common features for all CZ handguns include hammer forged barrels, tight tolerances and great ergonomics.
    Check link below for CZ compact guns

http://www.cz-usa.com/products_handguns_compact.php
    Last edited by archer51; October 31st, 2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: added link

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links