New CW9 pics & range report

This is a discussion on New CW9 pics & range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the gun show yesterday wanting to get the Kahr PM9 in my hand to see how it fit. Unfortunately it did not. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New CW9 pics & range report

I went to the gun show yesterday wanting to get the Kahr PM9 in my hand to see how it fit. Unfortunately it did not. But, there's always that ray of sunshine, the CW9 felt great in my hand and the price couldn't be beat! Paid $369 + tax for my new companion and after taking it to the range I feel like I stole it.

Took it to the range a few hours ago to feed it the factory recommended 200 break-in rounds. Used Remington UMC 115gr. FMJ and it didn't have a single problem chewing threw all the rounds. Not a single malfunction. I was expecting to have several and was actually looking forward to running some malfunction drills, but that was not to be. I've been shooting pistols less than a year and I wouldn't call myself a crack shot, but almost every single hole was in the center ring area of my IDPA target at ~6-7 yards.

Final score: 9/10 Had to take a point off because I can't put night sights on it due to no front dovetail cut. I'm a bit disappointed about that because I want to have night sights on a carry gun but other than that it's a great pistol! I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a quality compact for under $500.

I also finally got around to joining the NRA while at the gun show. Been meaning to do that for quite awhile but never got around to it. Sorry for the blurry pics, my camera is pretty old.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Nice pistola...isn't range time great?

Check your PM's

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I love my CW40 also. and my PM9 for that matter. The CW series Kahr's are hard to beat for the money. Thanks for the report.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Lead Moderator
    Very cool. Enjoy your new pistol. Stay safe.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I got a first chance to look at one this weekend and the only thing I didn't like is the back sights. I would replace that, but other than that I think I'm gonna pick up one myself!
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    I have the CW 40 and love it as well! Has become My EDC Gun. I do need to get another mag and they are a bit pricy. If anyone knows where to get them cheap let me know.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

I think I saw that cheaper than dirt had the k9 mags for $28. Those are the 9mm ones though, didn't see what the .40 ones were.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Bud's Gun Shop has mags for $27-$28
    Kahr Magazines

How is the front sight attached?

Glock night sights use a screw through the underside of the slide. If it works for them, will probably work for your gun. Have you actually checked suppliers to see?
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kg4ghn View Post
    How is the front sight attached?

Glock night sights use a screw through the underside of the slide. If it works for them, will probably work for your gun. Have you actually checked suppliers to see?
    Other Kahr sights are fitted into a tight dovetail. One of the cost saving measures, on the CW line, is a front sight pegged to the slide. The rear sights are dovetailed on the CW, and can be replaced, but the front sight would have to be milled for a dovetail or drilled for a trutium tube.

I have a CW9 and love it. You can have a dovetail cut into the slide if night sights are that important to you. Any competent gunsmith should be able to do it for you. The factory sight is pinned in place.

Quote Originally Posted by detroit9mm View Post
    I have a CW9 and love it. You can have a dovetail cut into the slide if night sights are that important to you. Any competent gunsmith should be able to do it for you. The factory sight is pinned in place.
    Did you have this done? How much did it cost? It's not critical for the night sights, but I do want them as long as it won't cost me an arm and a leg.

I have a CW40. In looking at how the front site is attached (Two plastic pins coming through the slide then melted to hold it) I would think it would be easy for a company to make a replacement front site. One could either do the same thing that Kahr did and melt the plastic pins in place or like the other poster said, using screws. Any one else have any ideas?

VIP Member
    Good luck with it.

I think I saw that cheaper than dirt had the k9 mags for $28. Those are the 9mm ones though, didn't see what the .40 ones were.
    Be careful on the prices at Cheaper Then dirt. I just received a catolog from them that listed Glock Mags @$19.97. I call to order 4 mags and was told they had a price increase to $23.00.

The excuse was that the Catologs were printed several months before they were sent out and the Mag price had went up,

They would not honor the catolog price, even though it was the latest catolog they had just mailed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links