Walther PPS trigger job?

This is a discussion on Walther PPS trigger job? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How do you get one? It's a drop-in replacement part on a Glock but what do you do on the PPS? Do you have to ...

Thread: Walther PPS trigger job?

Walther PPS trigger job?

How do you get one? It's a drop-in replacement part on a Glock but what do you do on the PPS? Do you have to find a gunsmith that knows and works on Walthers? I found nothing while googling.

Thank you!

2. Remove Ads

I'd encourage you to take it to your local gunsmith...find out what will be done and the cost.

Good luck.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

My old PPS sure needed one to compensate for that loooong 14 pound pull. I couldn't find a smith who would work on them. I finally sold it cheap.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Looks like it's time to find a gunsmith that can do something with a PPS. Thanks for the replies.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    A trigger job for a PPS? Why? It's still pretty new, so the trigger may just need more range time. A PPS with a 14lb trigger pull? I would have sent it to S&W for a little fix. Are you sure you aren't talking about the PPK?
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Lead Moderator
    My PPS doesn't seem bad at all. I have only about 200 rounds thru it at this point. Maybe a bit more dry fire and range time before you try to find a smith?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    I just bought a 9mm PPS about two weeks ago. It shoots great, I think my trigger is fine, and it may get even better.

I put my PPS on top of my G19 to compare the size. It was surprising to see how close they are in size, but the PPS is so much thinner.

I really don't care for the PPS mags and especially don't care for the mag release. Otherwise I'm willing to carry it.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

My trigger has gone downhill on me. If it is not cleaned within 100 rounds, the trigger becomes heavier and inconsistent. At 200 rounds the trigger is very gritty. I have about 1200 rounds through the pistol. The PPS has been extremely reliable and I am not giving up on it; it has too many good attributes. That says a lot considering I am a big 1911 and Glock fan.

Lead Moderator
    Looking over mine, I see the trigger parts are exposed under the barrel. Perhaps a heavy amount of oil , or a coating of grease may keep the grit out of the trigger parts? Have you tried different oils/lubes?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I'm not so sure I haven't been attracting grime and screwing things up by my usual conservative amount of Bore Butter on places that are supposed to be lubed.....

Strange, my PPS has the best trigger of any striker fired gun I have shot so far, seems to be around 5 lbs. and breaks very clean!
    Obama didn't get elected to warranty your muffler. He's here to warranty your life.

garn: My trigger was better when new. I do not know if something is wearing out on it or if it is only a function of how dirty it gets. I really liked it at first but it seems to get worse with time. Even after cleaning I don't think it is what it used to be.

Links