Defensive Carry banner

Glock 19 grip modifications

11K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  detroit9mm 
#1 ·
I just finished some work to my Glock 19 carry gun. I did a grip reduction, high-grip mod., rounded the trigger guard and reduced and opened up the finger swells. I then stippled the backstrap, front stap and trigger guard. It now fits my hand like a glove. Here are some pics.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice looking work, Well Done G19 (my favorite GLOCK)! Now, just a friendly suggestion or two. Perhaps take a 1/2" bull-nosed cutter and (using it by hand) cut a shallow dimple around the mag release button (ah la - Bowie Tactical). It makes it sooo much quicker/easier to find with your thumb. I also slightly relieved the right-side (ejector-side) of the frame behind the trigger guard to clear the inside of my trigger-finger nearest my palm (used a 20 ga. shotgun shell wrapped with a green Scotchbrite pad). The meat between my knuckle & 2nd finger joint on my trigger-finger now rides more-comfortably in a shallow trough, rather than bumping against the small hump in the factory frame.

What did you use as filler behind the magwell? What did you use to re-stipple? on your Grip Reduction.

#4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, it is appreciated. Obviously I am trying to make it as comfortable and functional as possible.

I used marine epoxy for filler and sanded it down with a sanding drum on a dremel and switched to a smoothing stone once I got it close to what I wanted. I stippled it with a chisel tip on wood burner. I tried various techniques on the mag loader and liked this one the best, but that is personal preference as there are various ways to do it. The epoxy was gray so I touched up the exposed epoxy with flat black rustoleum paint when I was done. It was still tacky in the pics which is why the middle of the backstrap looks shiny it is now the same color as the rest of the frame.

#5 ·
looks pretty good, I've done some work on mine and like the result.

#6 ·
Not bad! Not bad at all! I like the looks of it, and the texture. Beats burning it with a soldering iron IMO. Way to adapt it to your liking!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.