Defensive Carry banner

Hogue Monogrips

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  TOF 
#1 ·
Just over the weekend, I got to shooting my Taurus 85UL snubbie....once again I felt there was something lacking in the
way it felt while shooting. Ah haaaaaa! the stocks! I went to my gun club, picked up some Hogue's and for $19 and some change......different gun!!! I can now place my third finger around the grips and feel like it has a lot more control now. It feels like a "fistful" instead of the lower part of your hand dangling in space. Should have done this 6 months ago, and BTW.....the speedloaders work great with it....

#3 ·
1st first thing I did on my Ruger SP101 (.357, 3.06") was to install a Hogue Monogrip. I already had the same on my S&W Model 12-3 (2" lightweight). IMHO, it's the best feel available. I, like you, didn't like having my little finger half hanging-on. I'll happily trade a little concealability (longer than factory grip length)...for a LOT more draw/fire control.

#7 ·
I should own stock in Hogue!

I think they're on just about every wheelgun I have, ranging from hard nylon, rubber, bantams, and exotic wood.:danceban:

#8 ·
I think they're on just about every wheelgun I have, ranging from hard nylon, rubber, bantams, and exotic wood.:danceban:
They are on every Colt revolver I own (all wood), but the Smiths still have the Magna grips (one with a Tyler T-Grip)...go figure. :embarassed:

#12 ·
I tried one on my GP100 but it was too hard to conceal. The bottom rear protrudes to much. I just received a set of Factory grips for the three inch barrel version and a Pachmayer Compact set today, both are discontinued models. I was lucky.

Both new grips are preferable, to me, over the Hogues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.