Opinions on SIG SP2022

Opinions on SIG SP2022

This is a discussion on Opinions on SIG SP2022 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the chance to buy a NIB SIG Sauer SP2022 for $475. I know they are used by several government law enforcement agencies and ...

Opinions on SIG SP2022

I have the chance to buy a NIB SIG Sauer SP2022 for $475. I know they are used by several government law enforcement agencies and police departments both here and abroad, but can't find much in the way of reviews by actual users/owners.

Does anyone here have any experience with them and if yes, what is your opinion.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Cool Sig Pro 2022

I bought one about two years ago, and have really enjoyed it. It is one of the few pistols that I am comfortable shooting weakside. It has been flawless. The one I have has night sights, and they will keep you awake at night. (LOL) A lot of people have problems with polymer pistols, but they are here to stay and believe me Sig knows what they are doing. A little research on the company shows that. It is a little big for CC for me anyway, so I bought a Sig P 239 for that purpose. It doesn't have the capacity of the 2022, but does conceal better. Both Sigs are very accurate!
    I give the 2022
    Semper Fi

I bought one in 9mm because of a deal a few years ago when Sig was awarded some 50,000 unit French contract.

It is very accurate
    Flawless as long as you do not weak wrist it
    IMO the best DA/SA trigger out of the box and better than some enhanced triggers
    It is a Sig!
    It will fit in most holsters, especially leather, for XDs

Only complaint is that the take down procedure is different that other Sigs.

Administrator
    We had a few testers that we kept for a few years, and they saw hard use both as duty guns and on the ranges.

If taken care of, they performed well. If they were abused, they broke down a lot. They shot well enough, but they just don't compare to the standard Sig P series. They are not as refined, and there was some other small personal dislikes of mine casting a shadow on my opinion of the gun.

Overall, its a quality gun that will perform well for the average gun owner.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I've noticed that nobody has commented on the asking price of $475. It seemed like a VERY good price since even the little Mosquito sells for around $350 here while the big Sig's start at $600 and go up considerably. Does that price seem reasonable or should I wonder if there is something wrong with the gun?
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

When Sig had a run of 2022s a few years ago the retail price dropped from $799 to $599 with night sights so I think your price is good.Compare at Top Gun or Ordnance Outsellers.

This gun comes with two 15 rd magazines, a cleaning kit, a bottle SIG oil, night sights and two different grip panels (medium & large) along with the lock and hard case. At $475, I don't think they will get cheaper in the future (especially after Tuesday's election results) so I think I'll go for it.

Although an old post, I'll add my 2 cents. Have an SP2022 in 9mm, obtained in April at Academy Sports for $399, so prices have dropped even more than the original posting times. I've fired about 1,000 rounds through it with absolutely no issues whatsover. Very accurate and consistent with very nice trigger pull DA and SA. It came with the over/under "i" sights, which I didn't care for. Bought and had a 'smith install tritium-fiber optic (TFO) sights, 2 rear dots, single front dot (Optics Planet, $89). Really like the sights -bright green day, dusk, and black of night. All-in-all, in IMHO the SP2022 is a remarkable value, solid handgun, and a fairly large size for CCW - I am still working on the best way to do this for me.

Links