Defensive Carry banner

9mm in the $500 Market

5K views 48 replies 47 participants last post by  Ropedartman 
#1 ·
My friend who got his CCW permit with me is in the market for a 9mm. He has fired my Glock 23 (40 S&W) and liked it. Therfore, a Glock 19 may be his answer. He does not want a full size weapon.

I have read the other 9mm post, however, I am trying to narrow the search a little. What other 9mm do you all recommend in the $500 market?

Thanks,

NavDoc :comeandgetsome:

#2 ·
Same answer I gave in the other thread: Glock 19 or 26, or a Kahr CW9.

#4 ·
XD 9 or XD .40 SC are good choices. My only complaint with my XD is that it is chunky and that makes it harder to conceal.

A few more bucks will get you a thinner gun that will conceal much easier. Look at the Walther PPS or the Kahrs for something nice and thin. I prefer German engineering but the Kahrs are nice too. :22a:

#14 ·
All the ones mentioned are my favs for CC 9's: Kahr (CW9, PM9, P9, MK9), M&Psc, XDsc, G26, and Walther PPS (I prefer the compacts for IWB, ankle, etc. carry). If you intend to OWB carry, others like the G19, CZ75, Ruuger, etc. also become options.

Not a bad one in the bunch of the ones mentioned. Find one that fits your hand and that you shoot well.

#15 ·
Smaller Glock? 9mm?
It has to be a G-19...I have one...great to conceal.

#16 ·
Another vote for the 19. I have to go to the Bronx tonight. I think I'll bring my 19 along with a spare 17 mag.

#17 ·
Thanks to all. We have a gun show here this weekend and he is itching to buy.

My preference is the G19, however, I said that I would ask what other quality guns are out there for his price range.

Thanks again,

NavDoc

#22 ·
+1 for the Kahr CW9. Paid $369 +tax at the gun show for mine. Great little gun that has become my EDC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.