M & P .45 anyone ??????

M & P .45 anyone ??????

This is a discussion on M & P .45 anyone ?????? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just purchased a S&W - M&P .45 today and was wondering if anyone on this site has one and if they have had any ...

M & P .45 anyone ??????

I just purchased a S&W - M&P .45 today and was wondering if anyone on this site has one and if they have had any problems . LIKES or DISLIKES ?????? I've shot the 9mm and the .40 s&w but not the .45 . I like .45 and Ilike the interchageble backstraps which cater to my big monkey hands .Thanks for your input .

I have the M&P 45c and love it! I can say that I do not have a single dislike.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Mine is EDC. I have had no problems with it at all.

Just had the trigger work done last week. Was breaking at 11#, heaviest the smith had seen, now at 4# with a short reset.

Went to the range this morning and OMG what a difference. I need to write a range report after I finish cleaning five guns.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

I had a slide rust, I sent it back and the factory had it back in under a week. Not a problem with it since, it always feeds and ejects.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

"Was breaking at 11#", You may have bought a Mass. gun, call S&W with the number to check. M&P 45 very nice weapon, would recommend them.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Mine is EDC. Just had the trigger work done last week. Was breaking at 11#, heaviest the smith had seen, now at 4# with a short reset.Went to the range this morning and OMG what a difference.
    Who did your trigger job?

S&W did mine replacing the old sear with a performance center sear.
    It breaks so smooth now with no movement on the front sight!
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Who did your trigger job?
    Pedro Ortiz
    Artisan Gun Customizing
    Thunderbolt, GA
    912-308-6259

Pedro is a S&W Service Technician, Certified Glock Armorer, and loves to build custom 1911's. Took him about three hrs to work his magic.
    Best $85. I've spent lately.

I had the opportunity to ck an AR trigger he had recently done, that's next.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

I have a 9c and a FS 45. Not a problem with either. 9c for summer carry, 45 for winter. The 45 is an absolute dream to shoot.

Unhappy

I had an M&P 45 several months ago. I loved the feel of the gun, and it functioned 100% no problems at all. Everyone I talk to that has one love it. The police department here(CMPD) even went with the M&P in 40 S&W. I sold mine because I just couldn't hit anything with it, and I hated the gritty trigger, which I have heard smooths out after a while. I am not the best shot in the world but I can it at least hit close to what I am shooting at with my other handguns. I have Glocks, 1911's, Sigs, Rugers, and so I am familiar with shooting in general. I can't explain why I couldn't shoot it well. I let others shoot it just to make sure it wasn't something wrong with the gun. Everyone else shot it great, so we know it was just me. I really hate it because I really do like everything else about the M&P 45.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Mine is EDC. I have had no problems with it at all.

Just had the trigger work done last week. Was breaking at 11#, heaviest the smith had seen, now at 4# with a short reset.

Went to the range this morning and OMG what a difference. I need to write a range report after I finish cleaning five guns.
    I just spoke with S&W Customer Support about this last week. They agreed that out-of-the-box the trigger is terrible and takes ~700 rds to smooth out to a reasonable point. My NIB M&P .45 was 11# (measured with Lyman Electronic Trigger Gauge) . . . after 750 rds and nothing but cleaning it, it was 8#.

I see it as a QC issue but having toured the factory, I understand why it is done that way. Dry fire a lot will help on any NIB S&W gun (and not cost you a ton on ammo).

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    I have a 9c and a FS 45. Not a problem with either. 9c for summer carry, 45 for winter. The 45 is an absolute dream to shoot.
    Agreed. I own both and they are great guns.

Thumbs up

I have the M&P .45 and carry it in a blackhawk holster. Also have the .40 and 9mm and they all fit in the same holster. Depends on weather as to the i carry. No problems with any of then after 1000+ rounds.

Links