Wilson Combat

This is a discussion on Wilson Combat within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all. I'm thinking of getting a Wilson for my next 1911. I was really looking at the Carry Comp. Has anyone used one, or ...

Thread: Wilson Combat

Wilson Combat

Hi all.

I'm thinking of getting a Wilson for my next 1911. I was really looking at the Carry Comp. Has anyone used one, or have any expirience with Wilson's?

Give me your good and your bad please, not just in regards to the Carry Comp. What I would prefer not to have, is all the lectures on why a Compensated gun is a bad idea for defensive use. I have used compensators before, and generally don't recommend them, but this is for a particular situation, thank you.

Biker

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I love my Wilson Professional. I can't wait to carry it again once my son is born.

I've put 1000+ rounds through it with great performance.

It's been to training with me, been carried and I have yet to find a 1911 with a better trigger.

Wilson also has great customer service.

I work in a gun shop and a customer of mine was looking at Wilsons. After seeing mine he decided to go with one of his own and ordered a Wilson through me.

I was on the phone with them a few times getting price and availability, talking about specs and generally being the intermediate between my customer and the guys at Wilson. They were very helpful and accommodating.

His Wilson came in last week or so and it is BEAUTIFUL. Everything is perfect and exactly to his specs.

They also are known for standing behind their product. I haven't had a reason to send mine back, but I'm sure if I did there would be no muss or fuss about it.

I'd recommend them.

Wilson Combat is just another good reason why Arkansas is so nice (they are right here in the home state). Never contemplated a 1911 from them, but I have a few Wilson accessories, and when I did have my previous 1911 pistol, I swore by using their magazines. I sure do like the looks of their shotguns though. I see some of the prices of 1911's nowadays and think why? But I think Wilson's pistols are worth the asking price no doubt.

Thank you for the reply Mrs. Lima.

I hope Garret comes along soon and has ten, ten, two two, one, one and one, but even if he doesn't we will still adopt the little guy and treat him like our own.

On another note, do you use the Shok Buff that Wilson is so big on, or did you take it out of the gun?

Biker

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Thank you for the reply Mrs. Lima.

I hope Garret comes along soon and has ten, ten, two two, one, one and one, but even if he doesn't we will still adopt the little guy and treat him like our own.

On another note, do you use the Shok Buff that Wilson is so big on, or did you take it out of the gun?

Biker
    The shok buff doesn't come in all the guns, Lima's Wilson did not come equipped with one. Personally, I think they're a waste.

Thank you Mr. JD.

I too think they are a waste, and don't use them when I get a new recoil spring. One thing I do know, if a piece of the little buffer thingie breaks off, it locks your gun up tighter than a tic.

I was just wondering what the general opinion is on them, as I've already determined that I don't like them. I don't remember if the two guns I'm looking at have them or not.

Biker

Chose Wilson KZ-45 as my first gun, and couldn't be happier. I don't think I'll ever use it as my carry gun, but I love shooting it.

AEA
    I Love my Wilson Protector (Avatar)! I got it 2nd hand (but never fired other than at the factory) from AZHusker on this Forum for a great price! (Tks again AZH).

If you can afford it, go for it. They make fine pistols and you can tell the difference as soon as you pick one up. And the feeling is only confirmed again once you shoot it.

Here's a pic of it with the Amboyna Burl Grips I put on it. I also took out the FLGR and set it up as std Govt. Plug and Rod.
    Attached Images

I have a shock buff system in my 1911 and I like it. Just my two cents.

I'm not a 1911 guy but FWIW my brother has a Wilson CQB and loves it, he believes the only thing better is a Les Baer.

I was just up buying ammo...there was a Wilson Combat all SS pistol in the case. I played with it for a while...NIIIIIIIIIICE weapon.
    So tempting, but I hate sleeping on the couch.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Extremely high QC on the Wilson handguns. Never any junk parts used.
    Very Nice "fit" work.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I was just up buying ammo...there was a Wilson Combat all SS pistol in the case. I played with it for a while...NIIIIIIIIIICE weapon.
    So tempting, but I hate sleeping on the couch.
    But at least you would have a nice Wilson to protect you!!!! LOL

I have had a stainless Professional for several years now and I am sold on the Wilson Combat product. I have three actually. A CQB, A CQB Compact and the Professional. As far as the compensated guns go, I have shot one and it does reduce felt recoil and muzzle flip substantially. On the other hand it adds length to the gun. I personally prefer no longer than the 4" gun for carry. I am sure you have seen my harem of WC's so I won't bore you woth repetive pictures.

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Links