My New CZ RAMI - Page 2

My New CZ RAMI

This is a discussion on My New CZ RAMI within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by archer51 How do you like the decocker version? I wish it had been available when I bought mine. My CZ 75 SP-01 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New CZ RAMI

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    How do you like the decocker version? I wish it had been available when I bought mine.
    My CZ 75 SP-01 is a decocker so I wanted the Rami the same. I like it a lot. I actually think it is safer for carry than the safety version. The hammer stops halfway down and the firing pin is blocked. It's a firm double action pull from the half cocked position, but theres no safety to remember. I looked for a while to get the decocker Rami and I thought I may have the first one in the country. (Not anymore). Mine came from "manofsteele" on line on some forums, and he was good to deal with.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    CZ-USA now offers real deal Tritium Nites for the RAMI.

I found this thread by searching for Rami, and since it's only about a month old thought I'd ask about a follow-up. My Rami will be here next week. Whaddya say Betty? How's the Rami working out for you?
    “He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression;for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.” - Thomas Paine

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    Great looking pistols!

I am rather ignorant when it comes to Czs, as they are rather uncommon around here for some reason, but I find them interesting and appealing...........

The only one I have ever fondled is the CZ 100, and I hear they are the bottom of the CZ barrel..............

Observation

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    I had been wanting one for a while, and decided to finally get one after the election. I have a CZ 75 Compact, and wanted something more compact for daily carry.

The RAMI is a very small 9mm gun that is also available in .40.

With the short grip, my pinkie is tempted to fall right off the end. I have a 14-rounder with grip extension on the way, which should solve that problem.

Compared to my CZ 75 Compact, the inside-out design is very similar. The ejection port is much larger on the RAMI, and the safety is much more low-profile.

At first glance, I thought the RAMI had tritium sights, but that is not the case. They're just bright green paint that glows in the dark. The RAMI came with hard plastic case, two 10-round magazines, two cleaning rods, and two snap caps.

I had around 500 rounds of ammunition on hand:
    • Fiocchi FMJ 115 gr.
    • Winchester BEB 115gr.
    • Winchester JHP 147 gr.
    • Winchester FMJ 115 gr.

This first round of testing was for feeding and general performance. As we know, any prospective carry gun needs to run a gamut of testing before it can be considered reliable. After 500 rounds of two-handed, one-handed strong, and one-handed weak side shooting, there was one failure to feed, and one combo failure to feed and extract.

Both occurred while shooting with my right hand only with the Winchester JHP 147 gr. ammunition. This may be attributed to poor grip on the weapon with my pinkie hanging off the end, but I'll know for sure when I send at least 500 more rounds through it. This second round of testing will concentrate more on accuracy and feeding the ammunition I would like to carry it with (likely the Speer Gold Dot in 124 gr.).

Overall, I am quite pleased with my new purchase, and will send the little gun through more testing before I consider it ready for carry.

Betty,

Could not access your email? Computer not bright. I am OK with guns, heading out to IDPA Match in Tittusville just now.

My email is posted.

Scouse.

Right hand?

Both occurred while shooting with my right hand only with the Winchester JHP 147 gr. ammunition.
    Hi Betty,

Did not get an email reply, any how, if you blow the photograph up of you shooting right hand only, you will see your back strap is recoiling across your thumb, if you would turn the meat of the back strap so the pistol and forearm are more aligned, that would give a better hit value, in two handed shooting this matters little.

Keep Safe.

Happy Christmas.

Great thread, I had a Cz 75 B SA but couldnd make the grip fit the hand. Now have a Rami .40 that is a handful with 180's!! I may try the Springfield grip extensions. I like the gun but do not shoot it very well... I am proficient with my other handguns but this one needs work. Good luck with yours Betty.
    P.S. 165's are much better.
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

njr
    I bought the 2075 for a skills course follow up to my ccw class and it's my favorite gun.

One question: do folks know: if I curl the pinky under the mag plate, is this 99%+ safe? The reason I ask is that I've read about Glocks having ka-booms b/c of unsupported cases in the chamber/action area. I think that this is/was a prob more specific to Glock 40 calibers, but was wondering. The gunsmith at my shop/range says the 2075 is fine....

My gun is very reliable (no issues of any kind with about 1000 rnds) and accurate, although don't ask me to shoot with reliable accuracy past 21 feet. Last weekend though, I did nail 2 inch targets at 30 to 45 feet- that was sweet.

Hope everyone's enjoying their 2075s. I got mine b/c I know eastern bloc small arms are generally extremely reliable and well-made, well, okay, durable, at least.

It is chunky like the xd sc, but that is what gives it reliability. The other problem is that I can't reach the slide release lever with my strong hand thumb, but I recently saw a video where the shooter did a tac reload on a 1911 using the weak hand to release the slide after seating the mag, so I can live with that. Also, had the smith switch the mag release button to the right side and releasing the mag takes a little practice with the strong hand b/c the grip is so small, but overall I really like the gun.

Next, I want to sell my xd9 tactical and buy a cz sp-01.

VIP Member
    Pinky under the mag plate shouldn't be any problem. I shoot my RAMI that way all the time. Did you get the 9mm or the .40 cal? Mines a .40 and has never had a glitch with it, just as reliable as my wife's 9mm RAMI.

njr
    Thanks, Archer. So, I assume, that unlike the Glock .40, the bullet casing (correct term?) is fully supported by the bore?

I got the 9mm b/c of cost of ammo, speed of follow up shots, past reliability questions probably related to european unfamiliarity with 40 caliber and my intention to keep a 12 gauge or sks in the truck to back up the 9 in a more serious situation.

VIP Member
    I have a RAMI 40 S&W. I had problems with it with 180/165/155 grain bullets, but I now use Powerball 135 grain and have added a stiffer spring to it and it functions 100% weak and stong hand.

I added XS big dot 24/7 sights to it also

With a UBG holster and two extra mags in a pocket holder it is a very nice all day carry gun.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Administrator
    Congrats Betty.
    Your photos much appreciated.

"there was one failure to feed, and one combo failure to feed and extract."

Spanky new & slightly stiff recoil spring would be my best guess.

Is it just my imagination or does the RAMI have a higher bore axis than the CZ75 Compact?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links