I always wanted a bigger Sig, so what do I buy? - Page 2

I always wanted a bigger Sig, so what do I buy?

This is a discussion on I always wanted a bigger Sig, so what do I buy? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Apologies Robert - was not trying to mean to either of you!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I always wanted a bigger Sig, so what do I buy?

Assistant Administrator
    Apologies Robert - was not trying to mean to either of you!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Nah, it's no big deal. I've had to deal with it since I was a child and nobody had any idea what it was. :)

My biggest problem with it is I'm also a guitar player - stuff gets impacted so easily that playing sometimes gets very painful.

And yes, I have the same problem with guitars that I do with guns - none are scaled quite right.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

I'm surprised you don't just duct tape a Serbu Super Shorty underneath your shirt and forget about handguns completely. My hands are slightly bigger than most peoples (but not yours) and I feel like an awful lot of things are just too small...

I can pass my friend John's class ring through mine. I bet you could pass mine through yours, or pretty darn close!

I see why you don't like lever actions now. I've always thought the loops were just too small on factory levers and I bang my knuckles sometimes. I can't imagine trying that with bigger fingers.

I feel (some) of your pain though... when I am king, guns will come supersized.

I'm surprised you don't just duct tape a Serbu Super Shorty underneath your shirt and forget about handguns completely.
    Actually, that's one of the reasons I'm filing the SBR paperwork on my HK-51 clone. If it's a shoulder-holster sized gun, I might as well go rifle. ;)

I see why you don't like lever actions now.
    For me it's not the loop so much as the length of pull- I have to shift *everything* to shoot anything but the largest of the full-size leverguns.

Try an H&K MK23 for size. I personally love my USP45 but I have smallish hands and it's proving problematic with the Banana Republic vest as it seems to hang up on the internal "netting" used to dissipate heat. I may turn the USP into a dedicated house gun and hang a light on it...then maybe use it for long trips.

Still thinking about the following guns:

1. Charter arms Bulldog 44sp which I can get in ss for a total of $330.
    2. Kel-Tec Sub-2000 folding carbine in 40 Glock for $280 after-market 29rd high caps are $50 each from Scherer. I already have one of these to use with my M27 on trips. Sticks out about a foot!
    3. Now thinking about a Sig P239 .40 SAS w/DAK action. Price is unknown right now. But my question is: are the above (#'s 1 & 2)prices as good as I'm likely to find at a gunshow?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Try an H&K MK23 for size.
    I did - it's about on par with a DE. The USP 45 regular feels a hair better. I'd like more length and a backstrap tapered to take that length into account rather than simply 'more girth'.

1. Charter arms Bulldog 44sp which I can get in ss for a total of $330.
    2. Kel-Tec Sub-2000 folding carbine in 40 Glock for $280 after-market 29rd high caps are $50 each from Scherer. I already have one of these to use with my M27 on trips. Sticks out about a foot!
    3. Now thinking about a Sig P239 .40 SAS w/DAK action. Price is unknown right now. But my question is: are the above (#'s 1 & 2)prices as good as I'm likely to find at a gunshow?
    #1, probably about right. You may find it $10 cheaper but the time spent is going to be a wash in value.
    #2, ditto.
    #3, street is $610-650. I can look up exact figures when I'm at the shop later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links