Compare the XD and XD M

Compare the XD and XD M

This is a discussion on Compare the XD and XD M within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd like to know what people think about them that have shot, carried, or owned both. I have the .40 (would really rather move into ...

Thread: Compare the XD and XD M

Compare the XD and XD M

I'd like to know what people think about them that have shot, carried, or owned both. I have the .40 (would really rather move into just .45s) in service and sub compact sizes. They shoot well for me, carry less so, and the sights I really just don't like. I really would like to know what everyone thinks about the m.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Don t own one, sorry but from what I have seen of them and handled would not hesitate on one. I do think they are a little pricey but will probably come down after time.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

There are other forums where this subject is covered extensively. I just paid 425 for a brand new xd.45

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post
    I'd like to know what people think about them that have shot, carried, or owned both. I have the .40 (would really rather move into just .45s) in service and sub compact sizes. They shoot well for me, carry less so, and the sights I really just don't like. I really would like to know what everyone thinks about the m.
    Match Grade Barrel
    Modular Back Strap
    Short reset trigger (pre-travel is still noticeable)

I have a springer precision trigger job in my XD45 and it's much, much better than the XDM. Very short pre-travel and almost no over-travel.

I decided against the XDM after borrowing a friends for awhile. You may prefer a factory gun that's good to go out of the box though, in that case the XDM would be better.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    I decided against the XDM after borrowing a friends for awhile. You may prefer a factory gun that's good to go out of the box though, in that case the XDM would be better.
    Any articular reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Any particular reason why?
    Just the trigger. I like the springer trigger much better.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

XDTalk Forums - Your HS2000/SA-XD Information Source!

Great Forum.

I have both the XD and XDM. I love them both. I am working on getting another for CCW (XD40SC). I have an XD40 Service(Love it - was my first XD), XD45Tactical, XDM40 and XDM9. I have not shot the 9 yet. They are all more accurate than I am. The triggers are all OK. The XDM trigger is better OOTB. I have never shot a trigger that was worked on. All i have had are factory triggers. A friend of mine dry fired my XD45 and said the trigger would have to go if it was his...he is picky and used to shoot competition with STIs.

I do like the slide angle on the XDM. I don't know for a fact if the match barrel makes a difference...I am sure it does.

All that rambling.....i am not getting rid of any of my XDs. Μολὼν λάβε

I think the hot M will be when they come out with a 45. Always waiting until last for that one. Wait for it. Get one. Shoot it. Decide then what to do with the 40. Or, get a XD45. I don't shoot my 45 much. It sits in a drawer safe in the bedroom. Probably have less than 200 rounds through it. My XD40 is with me all the time.

Anyway, enough rambling. Buy one of each and don't look back.

I just wanted a little more unbiased opinion than what I saw on XDTalk lol. Iike my XDs, thought about getting new sights on them, as I don't like the sights, but I have taken to carrying the 1911 that I bought just to have because I love it so much lol. When it comes out in .45 I might look at it again I think.

Compare the XD and XDM

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post
    I just wanted a little more unbiased opinion than what I saw on XDTalk lol. Iike my XDs, thought about getting new sights on them, as I don't like the sights, but I have taken to carrying the 1911 that I bought just to have because I love it so much lol. When it comes out in .45 I might look at it again I think.
    Suppose to be out around December or January. I greatly like my XD-45c 4". They'll have to go some to make me want to replace it with anything. A regular safety appeals to me but slightly longer barrel doesn't. Don't know if there is or will be a compact version of any "M" versions. What I have now is my favorite of all guns so far.

Sponsored Links