G36 performs the way it should after 1000 rounds

This is a discussion on G36 performs the way it should after 1000 rounds within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well after nearly 1000 rounds in 3 weeks, I finally feel comfortable with the G36 as my every day carry. This gun was hard to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking G36 performs the way it should after 1000 rounds

Well after nearly 1000 rounds in 3 weeks, I finally feel comfortable with the G36 as my every day carry. This gun was hard to get used to as I had about 5-12 FTE/stovepipes in approximately 1000 rounds. I realised it was "pilot" error and stiffened my grip and paid more attention to how I was shooting the Glock. After "wearing out" a Smith 1911 PD I decided to give Glocks a chance and somewhat reluctantly choose the 36. The conventional double stack Glocks felt strange in my hand after shooting the single stack 1911 for many years and the G36 was the only subcompact that felt comfortable. I now see the simplistic beauty of the Glock and ripped through 200 rounds of WWB and 50 rounds of Winchester JHP's today without a hitch. After 1000 rounds, I feel comfortable with the G36's reliability and functionality.

Shoot straight and be safe,
    Squid
    Last edited by Squidrow; November 13th, 2008 at 09:21 PM. Reason: grammer

Congrats! My G36 is in a competition with my XD9SC for carry duty when my CHP arrives. Good luck with it.

-Jeff-

I have had no problems with my G-36, and it's my Harley companion.
    When I'm not on the hog, then it's my Ultra against my kidney.

Get some night sights on that '36'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

G36 came with night sights and I think the Glock night sights are great. I have never had them on any guns (just brass beads on 1911's) and am impressed with the visibility in total darkness. This plastic thing is growing on me. I never thought I would learn to like these guns but they work well and are easy to maintain.

Squid

Well!? It is after all a Glock right?
    So...........what did you expect? My G36 is on the horizon.....I've just been looking through mirages and fog for the past several years, and tempted by other things apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    My G36 is on the horizon.....I've just been looking through mirages and fog for the past several years, and tempted by other things apparently.
    Do it! Do it!

-Jeff-

I've come close...really close, but price and vintage sort of turned me away at the time.

Squidrow---congrats on your G36. I have had mine for a few years now. It is my EDC .45.I have installed the +0 mag extentions on all seven of my mags. Gives you a better grip without adding length to the frame and aids in CCW. Yes a little limp wristing can cause it to FTF/FTE. Just like in some 1911's. I also was a 1911 man,since 1973,until the G36 came out.I still have a few 1911s,as backup.The transition was pretty easy form the 1911 to the G36, as you also noted.My next Glock is the G30SF.Just so I can buy a couple of 25 round mags for it.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Congrats Squid, and I'm glad you worked out the kinks. I like the 36 so much, when the opportunity arose to get a second model 36, for a price I couldn't afford to pass up, I jumped at it. I only wish that at least one of them were Olive Drab!

a 36 will probably be the next gun i buy, its either that or a 1911, i cant decide i like them both. personally i like the black glock vs the olive drab, never really have been a fan of olive for some reason, ah well to each his(her) own

I looked hard for an OD and came up empty. A 36 is hard enough to find in Mass. Seems most keep em and rarely find em traded. Of course we pay a premium for all Glocks in Ma. I think I'll keep this one. Thanks forum members for tips.

Shoot straight and stay safe!!

Squid

Administrator
    Glock 36 does best with a firm grip. Nice little handgun.

Glad that you're finally confident in it. The G-36 is a fine carry piece. It's my EDC right now but that MAY change when my 27 arrives. Time and practice will tell.
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

both me and my sweety have had the g36's for about 3 years, mine has well over 1000 rounds with no problems. we both took our ccw test with these guns. i put the xs sights on mine with the big dot front sight. my eyes are getting older, and it has helped me alot. like i said both these have been good guns, we dont worry about carrying them they do not get beat up. and for some reason we both shoot well with them, everyone said they would be difficult. i also got the extended slide release and take down from brownells and that was an improvement. now if they would just make one in 10mm.

G36 you say.......

seems like it would be a hard one to carry daily

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links